Graphical Glitch with new video hardware

Reaction score
    I recently got a new computer, and with the galaxy update decided to reinstall Starmade and try it out. However, whenever I get ingame... Horrifying stuff happens.

Basically, it seems like between 5 and 10 seconds ingame, nearby chunks of blocks just disappear, and become a horrible infinitely stretching mass of garbled textures in the distance.

I've got no clue at all how or what to do to fix this, was hoping someone could lend some helpful advice or something. I tried with VBO Bulk-mode off, and it stops doing this, but it also completely mutilates all the blocks, so that's not really an option either. If you interact with something, like place a block on it, it gets restored, but after a few seconds returns to the infinite crazy from before.

My graphics log stuff here. Latest driver, updated it to try and fix it from a slightly older one, same result.
    Running on thread: ClientThread
    Adapter: nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.4460
    Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL Version: 4.4.0 NVIDIA 344.60
    Renderer: GeForce GTX 770/PCIe/SSE2
    GLSL Ver: 4.40 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

I've got no clue if this is a problem on my end I have to sort out or what... Pretty sad right now. Any help or advice is deeply appreciated.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Did you possibly disable VBO?

Please try reenabling VBO, if it does not help or is enabled, please post your settings.cfg.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Did you possibly disable VBO?

Please try reenabling VBO, if it does not help or is enabled, please post your settings.cfg.

- Andy
    With VBO enabled, it causes the problems shown, with VBO disabled, it causes all blocks to only seem to render half their geometry in a strange fashion, I've seen it in a few other threads. While it's disabled, they no longer disappear and become oddly stretched like that, but everything looks like swiss cheese, so it's trading one bad thing for another, heh.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxvqzoo4c33riqd/settings.cfg?dl=1
    Here's my settings.cfg

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Compared our settings.

https://www.diffchecker.com/qhb67xiv
    (Red=Mine, Green=Yours)

Looks like you have VBO-MAP enabled,
    try to disable that.
    In case you cannot find the menuoption, edit your settings.cfg manually to:

G_USE_VBO_MAP = false

Possibly try to disable shadows.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Looks like you have VBO-MAP enabled,
    try to disable that.
    From my short test, it looks like disabling VBO-MAP has fixed the issue!
    I'm so very grateful for you taking the time to help me with this, thank you! I could never have solved this on my own.