got kicked out of my own faction after trying some skins

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    so i was trying out skins for the first time, browsing through the skin files worked just fine. but when i tried to pic out the skins by the 4 images (main body, helmet, and their emissions) the game couldn't load any of my ships. their logic lines are core marks are visible. then i decided to restart the game. THEN SUDDENLY, i'm back to sector 2.2.2! when i got back to my home sector, all the ships were marked blue!

this is all in my singleplayer mode by the way

you would think that because i am gone, it means that the faction i was in has been dispatched, but it didn't. the faction is still there, all the ships are labeled in that faction, the faction list still marks one member in that faction, which is suppose to be me, but now the game just marked me as another player with the same name but not in the faction!
    i apologize if this thread doesn't look professional, but i am freaking out here, all the work i did could be forever locked away unless there is some way to code myself back into the faction or something!

please there's got to be a way!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    If it's in singleplayer all you need to to do to get back into the faction you setup is find out the faction number then enter the command /faction_join_id yourname ##### then /faction_mod_member yourname 5

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The tester team is aware of this bug and are trying to work it out. I've had this exact same thing happen to me several times already. You're player file is getting corrupted or overwritten. In addition to mine getting deleted I've also had it overwritten from another universe. If it does happen you may be able to restore the file if you have a backup or else you have to use admin commands to re-instate yourself into your faction as Nastral pointed out.

Reactions: NITRON100
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    thanks guys, i completely forgot about using admin commands. I'll do that right away...
    [doublepost=1472823278,1472822120][/doublepost]it worked, thank you.

Reactions: NaStral