GI Cargo Class E "Skyranger"

Reaction score
    The design isn't quite finished yet, but will be soon.

A small cargo vessel designed for planetary interface. Also comes with decoys and mounts for further expansion.

Deployable landing gear and retractable loading door. 15k storage in the wings, 4.7k* storage in the bay. Comes with a small unused internal section for user expansion, a small sensor package, and light salvage capability.

* This was last written down before I finished the bay, so there may be more storage space.
    ** There will be minor modification before release.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Reminds me a lot of X-Coms skyranger.

Good job with the cargo bay!

Reaction score
    Simple but functional. I think that some color detailing could go a long way aesthetically, even just some parts of grey hull. However, still a nice personal ship.

Reaction score
    Reminds me a lot of X-Coms skyranger.

Good job with the cargo bay!
    Thank you! And yea, that's why it has Skyranger in the title. xD I was actually looking to design something based on an alien ship from X-COM, but stumbled across that and really wanted to make something inspired by it. The original plan was some sort of ship with ejectable pod in the glass part, but I decided to instead made a cargo ship and play with rails a bit.

Simple but functional. I think that some color detailing could go a long way aesthetically, even just some parts of grey hull. However, still a nice personal ship.
    Thank you. ^^ I'm thinking now about stripes, but I also kind of prefer to leave markings and styling like that to the "buyer" so-to-speak. People can make their own patterns and designs. I want to find big popular factions now and make variants in their colors now though. That would be a fun spin to do with any design.