Gargantuan mech build [Forearm]

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Was a massive pain in the ass to get the damage pulses docked, but it was definitely worth it \o/

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    The build a mech workshop
    As a side project to give my CPU a break I thought I'd build some modular mech components for you guys to have some fun with. Just dock the components together and voilla you have a mech. The only minor complication is that when docking a torso to set of legs you have to link the wireless module(s) on the torso to the wireless module(s) on the legs.

Please note that each weapon has an onboard ai module that must be activated in order for it to function.

Download

This basic torso features 2 arm mounts and a single fixed shoulder hardpoint.
    Download

Simple bipedal legs with a fully functioning walk cycle
    Download

Simple set of bipedal legs in the 'chicken walker' configuration, has a fully functioning walk cycle.
    Download

Basic arms featuring a (blue) swivelling mounting point and an overtop (red) fixed mounting point.
    Download

Heavy arm with 2 (red) fixed mounting points.
    Download

Hybrid Arm featuring 1 inset (red) fixed mounting point and 1 underslung (blue) swivelling mounting point.
    Download

Designed for fire-support mechs this arm features a pair of (red) fixed mounts.
    Download

Several basic missile launchers in 1-5 tube varieties as well as a single long range artillery missile.
    Download

3 Beam weapons in light, medium and heavy varieties. Larger beams fire slower and do more damage.
    Download

3 Different types of cannon, a fast autocannon, a moderate speed basic cannon and a slow firing, high damage gauss rifle.

Last edited:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This is making me want to go play Chromehounds again.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is making me want to go play Chromehounds again.
    Steel Battalion is where it's at.... because if you're gonna do it, do it with over kill.

Epic work on the mech OP. I can't wait to see it up and moving :))))

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    You should post about the 10x larger version you're making.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    You should post about the 10x larger version you're making.
    This is the huge one, the one that this is 10x larger than died when my HDD exploded.

Edit: If there was one ten times larger than this then the hand alone would be over a km.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Unfortunately its never gonna get finished, I rebuilt the whole thing a while back and it came out much better, but once it gets to the forearm its already nearly a km long and at that point block placement becomes limited by the game-engine let alone my computer.

Reaction score
    That sucks, It would've been awesome to see it finished, cutting through massive ships with that sword.

Reaction score
    Well, time to build a carrier for twelve of that. Also, new idea: card games in space! I summon the Dark Magician!