Game won't update

Reaction score
    I had a problem launching the game so I decided to reinstall it on steam. I download the launcher fine but when I try and update; it gets so far then has an error. Please help, I've been trying for hours to fix this.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Have you done what that errors tells you to do ?
    options - choose correct version - force download

Reaction score
    For some reason, it allowed me to update but and now it says it needs to clean the database, I clean it, it says it was successful

Starmade cleaning.png

then asks me to clean again because of the mass spawn of npcs but it fails to clean it "An error occured saving cleaning the database"

Starmade cleaning error.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432542425,1432542268][/DOUBLEPOST]UPDATE: it says the clean was succesful and then the server/settings menu pops up but when I choose a server and click OK I get this error once the game launches Starmade error launch.png

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Try to replace the content of your starmade install with the content from

files.star-made.org/build/starmade-build_20150512_155751.zip

thats the current release build. I guess something has gone wrong when installing the game through Steam.
    You may have to delete your current Universe (i hope you havnt build anything ?)
    From the Starmade Connection Setup (2nd Window that popsup) Tools -> reset worlds and maybe also Tools -> Clear client cache

Reaction score
    Hey, I downloaded those files and did what you said but I'm still getting the same error...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432559149,1432558257][/DOUBLEPOST]I tried forcing a repair and it fails to obtain 1 file Starmade IOException error.png

every time I try to re download; it does the same

Reaction score
    • Tester
    i run out of ideas here. try to move the install to C:\Starmade . Maybe the Steam Apps folder thingie is protected.
    Under Options -> Installpath that should be changeable

Reaction score
    Thanks for your help but its still not fixed. I changed the install path to C:/Starmade and it updated everything, no failure to download anything, but when I click OK and launch the game; I get the "StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of bounds: 0" error again.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Please select a proper installation path, like C:\Starmade
    as it looks like your downloaded a very old version,
    als you seemed to have tried to migrate the database.
    Both things that may and will break your installation in an unfortunate combination.

Select a clean install location:
    install-path.png

Make sure you select "Release" and type in the proper path.
    install-path2.png

If you get a stream-error or message again on using "install latest version" button, use the options and repair dialog, however be careful to select the right version.

optandrep.png

Now click those buttons:
    optandrep2.png

Search "newest" is also okay, however the launcher unfortunately defaults to the oldest available one.

- Andy