Game Update not loading.

Reaction score
    Hi all. I just updated to the latest version 0.19538 and it is not working. I created a new world after updating (making sure the latest version was selected) and launched it. The window frame did say it was on 0.19538 but the starting inventory had not changed to the update this is a new world created in the latest update. I checked the .xml config file and it has not updated? Can anyone make any suggestions? If this has not updated I do not want to start work on a ship in case the thruster inertia update has not applied in whole/partially.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    games is updated if it does show the new version number

the not changed starting inventory is caused by this being an update and a new install.
    the already existing "GameConfig.xml" isnt overwritten by the new one, because it is a clientside user editable file that potentialy could have been modified by you and deleting it isnt a good idea in that case ^^

Reaction score
    games is updated if it does show the new version number

the not changed starting inventory is caused by this being an update and a new install.
    the already existing "GameConfig.xml" isnt overwritten by the new one, because it is a clientside user editable file that potentialy could have been modified by you and deleting it isnt a good idea in that case ^^
    Thanks for that.
    Any Ideas on how to fix it so it is updated with everything. Maybe something to copy into it. I do know how to navigate files in stuff but I do not want to put in the wrong thing and invalidate it.

Reaction score
    Thanks for that.
    Any Ideas on how to fix it so it is updated with everything. Maybe something to copy into it. I do know how to navigate files in stuff but I do not want to put in the wrong thing and invalidate it.
    Simply exit the game first if applicable, then delete the file GameConfig.xml in the StarMade directory, and start a new world if you haven't invested too much time in it yet. Otherwise, in addition to that, you may also want to find and delete your player info file in server-database/world0; substitute world0 with the actual name if necessary. While it should be safe to do so, I'd advise backing up the directory just in case. That file should be ENTITY_PLAYERSTATE_yourname.ent, someone correct me please if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
    Simply exit the game first if applicable, then delete the file GameConfig.xml in the StarMade directory, and start a new world if you haven't invested too much time in it yet. Otherwise, in addition to that, you may also want to find and delete your player info file in server-database/world0; substitute world0 with the actual name if necessary. While it should be safe to do so, I'd advise backing up the directory just in case. That file should be ENTITY_PLAYERSTATE_yourname.ent, someone correct me please if I'm wrong.
    Thanks for that. Will try
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451544363,1451541299][/DOUBLEPOST]Thank you for the help. To confirm deleting the .xml (gameconfig) works when creating new world. All I needed as I wanted to start afresh. No problems though I only went in as long as it took to check inventory. Do not have the time to play right now.