Game not updating/starting bug!

Do you have this problem?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi.Do you have a problem where your game is not updating or crashes when you try to start it?

If so there are 3 ways to repair that:

1. Re-install starmade
    2. Re-open your computer/internet then try again.If deosn't work try the first way whit the second combined.
    3. You can un-istall starmade and get the builds from here:
    While I am trying to get the permission you can still go to the link that "thetimmer96"(Rimmer)put on this thread(http://files.star-made.org/build).Go to latest update(the far down,the last one down)
    and just clikc on it and you are gona have it.(Do not install starmade on destktop or somwher you do not have a lot of space.2-3 GB are enought for the game to download and run)

System checker: http://starmadedock.net/threads/diagnostic-tool-starmade-system-checker.183/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    For those that don't know, we had a problem in chat where someone was unable to download the new build from the launcher, and also could not manually download from the /build page. This was likely due to an internet issue on their end but nevertheless, they were unable to play and came to support for help. Zero was one of the people helping in chat at this time, and is working to help others with that specific problem if possible.

Similar issues have come up recently, most of them can be resolved by Zero's steps above. (Others did have issues where they couldn't update from the launcher and did not in fact have the game files. Those people can then manually download them from the link Rimmer provided above, or go to the downloads page and follow the link in the last sentence. The most recent build is always the last one listed, at the bottom of the page.)

(I might also suggest this be moved to the game support forum, to that those having problems who visit there first might hopefully see this. :) ) BearishMushroom MrFURB

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for alerting me, Anna.
    Thread moved to Support.
    Thanks for moving it :D I didn't know because when the first "type"(this is type 2 or 3..I mean in form of looks) There wasn't a Support forum or I dind't seen it so I didn't knoew the existense of a Support forum.

In-short form: Thanks :D

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    There is already a guide for this located here:
    Predictable game state

The part 're-install' starmade is the part that breaks most things,
    when not being careful about the location you choose for it.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is already a guide for this located here:
    Predictable game state

The part 're-install' starmade is the part that breaks most things,
    when not being careful about the location you choose for it.

- Andy
    Some people do not know about bu-traker so I posted it here.

They need to be careful.The best is that you download the installer again and put it somewhere else for maximum protection.

Reaction score
    For those that don't know, we had a problem in chat where someone was unable to download the new build from the launcher, and also could not manually download from the /build page. This was likely due to an internet issue on their end but nevertheless, they were unable to play and came to support for help. Zero was one of the people helping in chat at this time, and is working to help others with that specific problem if possible.

Similar issues have come up recently, most of them can be resolved by Zero's steps above. (Others did have issues where they couldn't update from the launcher and did not in fact have the game files. Those people can then manually download them from the link Rimmer provided above, or go to the downloads page and follow the link in the last sentence. The most recent build is always the last one listed, at the bottom of the page.)

(I might also suggest this be moved to the game support forum, to that those having problems who visit there first might hopefully see this. :) ) BearishMushroom MrFURB
    I also can't finish the download of the latest build, both from the launcher «and manually from the /build page using GetRight... Missing 1.32 MB but I can't connect to the server to finish the download...

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also can't finish the download of the latest build, both from the launcher «and manually from the /build page using GetRight... Missing 1.32 MB but I can't connect to the server to finish the download...
    I can help you.Start a conersation whit me to know that you are online and I will give you the Update