Game crashes at start - Linux

Reaction score
    Game crashes on native java builds launched from Steam when loading any world with the error message ResourceException: data/./textures/block/ at roughly 29% loaded.

Retrying leads to multiple NullPointerException: null and GLException: GL_STACK_OVERFLOW: modelstack-sizes: proj: 4, model: 6, but the game continues to load one frame at a time and eventually loads into a still frame of the game world.

JREs tried: (Versions 6 through 8)
    * Bundled
    * Oracle
    * OpenJDK

Game crashes on Wine emulated java builds launched from windows version of Steam when loading the main menu on the error GLException: GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY, retrying causes java to crash.

Game has been reinstalled multiple times. Attempted the forced download multiple times. I have NVidia proprietary drivers installed. I have 32-bit OpenGL libraries multiarch installed.

System specs:

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.6.0-1-amd64
    Shell: csh (Astron)
    Resolution: 3840x1080
    DE: Gnome
    WM: GNOME Shell
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 670M/PCIe/SSE2
    RAM: 7947MiB

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    check in the settings.cfg of the game (starmade install folder) what texture pack is choosen and maybe reset it to this

G_TEXTURE_PACK = Default //Texture Pack
    G_TEXTURE_PACK_RESOLUTION = 64 //Texture Quality (Resolution)

Reaction score
    I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit (Gnome 3). I had this exact same problem, 29% and data/./textures/block/ error.

What i did to fix it:
    Options > Graphics > Texture Pack
    Set to Default (was on Pixel)

If i put it back to Pixel, the error occurs again.

Last edited: