Game Closing on Local World Loading

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, I'm new to the game, and I don't know what's happening. Whenever the local world is 100% loaded, it begins the introduction and suddenly closes. Oddly a multiplayer world loads without the game closing. Is there anything with the world's procedural generation that may cause this? I have 4 Gb Memory, a Radeon HD6670, Intel Core I3, Windows Vista 32.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Check in (Starmadeinstall)\logs for a log.txt.0 file after one of those crashes. remove the .0 part and drag and drop it into an answer here.

in general .. a 32bit OS and i3 is a bit underpowered maybe when running singleplayer .

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I see, I realy need an upgrade on my computer. Here is the log.txt.0 that you mentioned. There are a lot of those log.txt.(a number)

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    sadly that logfile seems to end in midair without any error being logged :(

Please download the new launcher from here : Launcher public beta!
    run it and choose an install folder like c:\teststarmade to install the game too, and see if the default settings there are able to run a Singleplayer game then.
    (that would suggest that either the java 8u101 install or its memory settings are broken somehow)

and you are registered longer than me here ... hardly new to the game :P ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the help so far. I'll try to download the Beta Launcher, Haha, I've been registered for a long time, I once tried to play but my computer was very weak.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I tried to download the beta launch and could not start it because it needs an OS 64 and mine is an OS 32. Even lowering the graphics settings and local play performance settings have not had good results. The same error occurs, the game closes instantaneously. "Thinking seriously getting a better PC"

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If your PC/Laptop still uses Intel HD Graphics then it won't load it just bombs out. I tried getting StarMade to run on an old Laptop corei5 4 GB ram should be fine for StarMade. But the graphicscard is just to old. Intel doesn't releases any drivers anymore for it. And even with every option turned off it still needs some things that the Intel HD doesn't support.

There are lots of these machines around bit of let down as i had hoped to set one as a cheap small server.

If you have the option to upgrade the Graphics Card then that might save you. Even the lowest of the low will do as StarMade is mostly CPU driven. It just needs a modern instruction set.

EDIT: Sorry didn't read properly the 32bit launcher is possibly bugged. But there is a call out for people to use it and report back so your a prime candidate :rolleyes:

32bit Launcher

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    actually .. the HD6670 should be good enough to run SM (not well, butit should work. i use a HD5450 at work which is able to run SM at around 15-30 FPS) . so do not waste money on that.
    if you are able maybe install a 64 bit windows.
    and dont try to play singleplayer on it .. that wont work with just 32 bit and only 2 HT Cores of an i3