FULL crafting tree image/images..

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    This whole crafting system is crazy and has RUINED the game for me, thanks alot!
    Reading your post history, every update seemingly ruins the game for you. But here you are. Is there a chance your just a little quick to judge new content before actually taking the time to learn the new system?

Responding with nothing but 'B.S' destroys the credibility of your potentially valid points. You have a chance on this forum, unlike thousand of other games to speak openly and candidly with the developers. A chance to provide some real feedback, like many of our players do. Some of which have had added in-game content through well thought out suggestion posts, or fixed goofy mechanics.

Reading a "crafting sucks, it's bullsh*t, ruined the game" comment doesn't exactly portray the image of player with the cognitive capacity to analyse what is wrong and how to fix it, or recognise if it's even broken.

Reaction score
    Reading your post history, every update seemingly ruins the game for you. But here you are. Is there a chance your just a little quick to judge new content before actually taking the time to learn the new system?

Responding with nothing but 'B.S' destroys the credibility of your potentially valid points. You have a chance on this forum, unlike thousand of other games to speak openly and candidly with the developers. A chance to provide some real feedback, like many of our players do. Some of which have had added in-game content through well thought out suggestion posts, or fixed goofy mechanics.

Reading a "crafting sucks, it's bullsh*t, ruined the game" comment doesn't exactly portray the image of player with the cognitive capacity to analyse what is wrong and how to fix it, or recognise if it's even broken.
    Well that was harsh. I have stated that even following the guide lines to make metal mesh the only product produced was a circuit. A circuit i do not need. I do however need the mesh to craft the item I do want. So tell me why I should think that this crafting is anything but ( you fill in the gap ). It also seems as if this crafting was intentionally designed to frustrate and confuse instead of having a logical step by step process. Why so many steps to cut a hard hull in half the make a wedge as an example. In regards to my posts on other updates, i still feel that way. It's like the " Dev's " are trying to make things harder rather than streamlining things. There are all sorts of problems still occuring in game that are not being addressed: EOF exceptions, ClassCast errors, physic errors, incorrect spawing, disappearing ships, turrets undocking for no reason ect ect. I would like to see some improvement in overall basic game functions. I would also like to see directional docking be players choice and not only one way like it is now.
    I suppose my biggest gripe tho is the non-logical progression of the crafting tree but hey I'm only just a player

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    To me the new crafting system seems long winded, and compared to other methods of making money, or collecting your needed parts, rather tedious.

The amount of effort needed to first layout a huge linked factory setup, then salvage large amounts of asteroids or planets for a small production and results with little to show for it. When you compare this to simply salvaging the default stations (even worse when you factor in the build blocks), then selling the parts to obtain your money and required ship parts, there is much less effort involved.

I can't see me using this crafting system any time soon unless the whole economy gets a major shake up to make it viable, and the 'cheapest' way in both effort, time spent, and resources.

The other thing I can see happening is the increased purchase of ship part lumps from catalog. Much cheaper than shops, and can be sold at a large profit (double your money or more).

With all this being said, the new crafting system is good. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the economy or game play yet

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It just doesn't fit with the rest of the economy or game play yet
    I think this is the key--"yet". The pattern I've seen is that schema introduces a new mechanism or facility to let players get familiar with it and try to shake out remaining bugs before making the gameplay dependent on it. This can't always mean zero impact on existing gameplay, but it's a very accommodating approach. Observe that deprecated missile types weren't immediately removed with the new weapon system, and the similar gradual removal of obsolete mineral types. Some people don't see the point of the logic system because of limited initial applicability, but they aren't seeing the potential or that additional interfacing will undoubtedly be added in the future. There's a station design contest currently in progress which hints that salvaging stations might not provide such a get-rich-quick method in the future...

I can't say much about new factory construction since I haven't played with it much yet. But I got the impression that you don't have to build a huge linked system, and could just manually move product between a small set of factories to produce later crafting stages.

I'm not sure that crafting has to be the cheapest way of acquiring everything in order to be viable; availability is another important balancing aspect. With the old system I acquired much of the hull and ship components I needed from looting pirates. When I didn't have enough hull of the type I wanted, I fired up the factory to compress or paint some. There have been periods where I found myself wanting more shield blocks or power tanks...

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Christ the butthurt babby bullshit is so strong from blackeyes I could sense it from a mile away

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    The New system is AWESOME!

and we had a great playing hardcore so yeah - the default is EASY PEASY bros

Have fun :D

Reactions: AsherMaximum
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    .... When you compare this to simply salvaging the default stations (even worse when you factor in the build blocks), then selling the parts to obtain your money and required ship parts, there is much less effort involved.

I can't see me using this crafting system any time soon unless the whole economy gets a major shake up to make it viable, and the 'cheapest' way in both effort, time spent, and resources.

It's all good :D You might not have any salvagers to salvage the station, build blocks also require high end materials.

I like that if you have credits, you will be finding the game easy, but without any credits or shops.... it is true hardcore :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    the crafting system does need a few minor changes but over all it is better then the old one. it would be good to be able to change how much goes into one factory and the other

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well that was harsh. I have stated that even following the guide lines to make metal mesh the only product produced was a circuit. A circuit i do not need. I do however need the mesh to craft the item I do want. So tell me why I should think that this crafting is anything but ( you fill in the gap ). It also seems as if this crafting was intentionally designed to frustrate and confuse instead of having a logical step by step process. Why so many steps to cut a hard hull in half the make a wedge as an example. In regards to my posts on other updates, i still feel that way. It's like the " Dev's " are trying to make things harder rather than streamlining things. There are all sorts of problems still occuring in game that are not being addressed: EOF exceptions, ClassCast errors, physic errors, incorrect spawing, disappearing ships, turrets undocking for no reason ect ect. I would like to see some improvement in overall basic game functions. I would also like to see directional docking be players choice and not only one way like it is now.
    I suppose my biggest gripe tho is the non-logical progression of the crafting tree but hey I'm only just a player
    Yes, because the devs are totally out to get the players.
    Totally, because it's not like this game is in alpha or anything.
    This game is already out of development and should totally be bug-free and fully-implemented, I don't know what you mean by the term, "alpha".

Pardon the sarcasm, but seriously, though. If you want to see something be changed, it's totally fine to speak your mind, so long as you're not doing this. No-one honestly wants to read, and pay heed to, what essentially seems to constitute thoughtless griping. No offense, but I find this sort of thing to be childish, unproductive, and quite frankly, rude to the devs and appallingly disrespectful towards the immense amount of work that they put into this game that isn't even out of development yet purely so that us alpha testers, because that's what we all are, have a game that is even some semblance of playable.

In short: Constructive criticism is great, but this? This is disturbingly misguided at best, appallingly rude at worst. Constructive criticism is a wonderful way to have your voice heard, and to give the devs user feedback in a useful and respectful way. This...is not constructive criticism.

Reaction score
    Yes, because the devs are totally out to get the players.
    Totally, because it's not like this game is in alpha or anything.
    This game is already out of development and should totally be bug-free and fully-implemented, I don't know what you mean by the term, "alpha".

Pardon the sarcasm, but seriously, though. If you want to see something be changed, it's totally fine to speak your mind, so long as you're not doing this. No-one honestly wants to read, and pay heed to, what essentially seems to constitute thoughtless griping. No offense, but I find this sort of thing to be childish, unproductive, and quite frankly, rude to the devs and appallingly disrespectful towards the immense amount of work that they put into this game that isn't even out of development yet purely so that us alpha testers, because that's what we all are, have a game that is even some semblance of playable.

In short: Constructive criticism is great, but this? This is disturbingly misguided at best, appallingly rude at worst. Constructive criticism is a wonderful way to have your voice heard, and to give the devs user feedback in a useful and respectful way. This...is not constructive criticism.
    Exactly this. I read a thing a while back, called 'A History of Mojang Killing Minecraft' and it was a collection of forum rage at the various (Fairly innocuous) updates.

Recommended reading: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...388-mojangs-long-history-of-killing-minecraft

At any rate this is going to happen to 'permanent alpha' games that are updated on-the-fly rather than a simple lump sum, but it doesn't justify slagging off the devs. Keep doin' whatcha doin' guys, there's a beer and a fandom in it for you

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah... this crafting system is a truly amazing improvement over the old one (which I only loosely can refer to as "crafting") and is, for once, actually useful, but does seem a bit overcomplicated... Too many intermediate steps that don't make much sense. Too many confusingly-similar Crystal Circuits and memory banks and things; not enough power cells, thruster coils, and focusing lenses. (Also, power reactors in blocks that don't actually generate power?)

(But I do agree that BlackEyez was being rude, harsh, somewhat unhelpful, and, to be frank, just plain stupid. Though I agree with some of his criticisms of the system itself, I do not condone the attacks towards the developers, nor do I condone the idiotic attitude.)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Yeah... this crafting system is a truly amazing improvement over the old one (which I only loosely can refer to as "crafting") and is, for once, actually useful, but does seem a bit overcomplicated... Too many intermediate steps that don't make much sense. Too many confusingly-similar Crystal Circuits and memory banks and things; not enough power cells, thruster coils, and focusing lenses. (Also, power reactors in blocks that don't actually generate power?)

(But I do agree that BlackEyez was being rude, harsh, somewhat unhelpful, and, to be frank, just plain stupid. Though I agree with some of his criticisms of the system itself, I do not condone the attacks towards the developers, nor do I condone the idiotic attitude.)
    Perhaps those blocks require dedicated power to even work? :P Long story short, this was the first wave, and I tried to balance between overly complex and stupid simple, same goes with the quantities of items, i had to balance between astronauts digging by hand and end game planet eating salvage ships. As for the names of the intermediate parts, ya they are simple, i apologize, but it does leave you rooms to imagine your own better names. Its also likely that over time, improvements can be made to the names and and more "mechanical types" can be added, but that *IS* simply adding more complication to the system... :P I would like to have some intermediate mechanic blocks using more metals (akin to the ones using the crystals) Only time will tell.

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Playing this game is supposed to be fun. Having fun isn't trying to get a chemical engineering degree to determine how to " craft " items. Come on! You could have just modified the existing recipe system to use the new capsules circuits and other items recently added to the game. This is supposed to be a marketable game when done, right?
    You have never played minecraft with the Gregtech mod installed, have you? Some items would literally require hundreds of steps to produce, and required machinery that also had a bazillion steps needed. Now THAT was complex. This, oh no, this is a CHILD'S play compared to GT (or anything, for that matter).

Sure, it could use some refinements like better balancing (which will be really easy to make now that the system is implemented). But THE DEVS ARE ONLY HUMAN (apart from schema)!!! There's only so much they can do in a short laps of time. Besides, why would they intentionally make something harder to grasp? Their ultimate goal is to make a fun game, and they are.

Last edited:
    Reactions: WarmasterRaptor

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh... Also, even basic hull is a bit complicated... It should just be made from 4 Metal Grilles or something. Or maybe it should replace Metal Grilles, and be split up into them in the factory... :p

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Honestly, I don't know anymore. I'll be more specific - This is feeling like the Greg tech mod in Minecraft (please correct me if the name is wrong) , where in Vanilla you could simply make...hmm... Yeah : For example, a Iron block, usually made from 9 Iron ingots places on every spot of the grid. But with Greg Tech, you must create a specific machine to make it work out, and also create a way to generate electricity in order to power the machine up. It was made with the sole purpose on making the game harder. I know this is a mild comparison, but that's what I'm feeling from this new crafting system.

It is indeed a good way to attempt the balance in our naturally broken economy (or not, I'm not sure tbh), but the complexity required is worrying, for I dislike being forced to spend days and days studying the system to know how to make it right.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    To be honest, the new crafting system may seem complex, and I will concede that it is a little bit so, but we have been provided recipe references pretty much for free. If you want to make a certain block, pretty much all that you have to do is find it in your RecipeGraphs folder and physically replicate that production chain in-game. It really is, for the most part, that simple. Sure, it's not as intuitive as vanilla Minecraft's "take these items, plonk them here and here and boom, you have a new item", but it's really not as bad as some people are making it out to be.

That is not to say that it couldn't use some improvements, as it certainly could, but in the mean-time, it really is not too hard to learn, in my opinion, and it is certainly a far cry better than what we had before. If someone can provide an example that I'm not familiar with that proves otherwise, I will gladly stand corrected.