Formiden Colonial Mandate - New Name, Same Old Tricks

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

News and Propaganda

Gee whizz wollywockers, I hear you say, where in the Sam heck have you been? No news in three weeks? What are we, dead?

Somewhat. I apologise for our relative radio silence. There hasn't been a lot of noteworthy activity on TAW.net recently, and we've garbage binned half a dozen smaller ops and activities just because they weren't that interesting. Between that and the competing demands of school, work and life, most of us have just sort of snoozed through September.

It is October now, however, and I feel honour bound to post something. Our screenshot album has seen quite a few new additions as we've fiddled with the new engine bloom effects. My two favourites are below.

More excitingly, for me at least, is the completion of the StarMade - Anatomy of a Battle video. It's been a goal of mine for some time to provide basic instructional videos on the more savage areas of StarMade - fleet combat. There is a method to the madness and it often escapes newer pilots, leaving them to fumble in the wake of larger and more experienced factions. This video is the first attempt at that; something of a proof of concept, detailing each step of a 3v3 duel held on NFD-B. Enjoy.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • In-game name: TheHunter111_1
    • Timezone: UTC+10:00
    • Availability: My times when I am able to play computer games are not set or consistent, I may be able to play 10 hours in a day, one hour in a week or disappear entirely for a month. Depending on what my working life requires of me.
    • Desired role: I will make an attempt to complete any assigned task, however my ability to build ships (hull and systems) is bad enough that it would not be beneficial to assign me to a job requiring it.
    • Reason for joining: My bounty service died out due to lack on interest in the idea and I could not commit to Furon Empire as much as spocklin wanted me online, this faction on the other hand sounds like this could be "the one"

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    It should be added that ships do rotate around their center of mass per default. Rotating around the core is a non-vanilla server setting.
    I think the bizarre way the ship rolled is a bug. Everyone's got it - instead of simply turning, you get a freak of a loop with your cursor that throws your ship's nose around like a shitty opinion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello!

• In-game name: GeneralGrievous
    • Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    • Availability: Variable, but often (Most of the time during the day on the week)
    • Desired role: Pilot, part-time engineer
    • Reason for joining: In 2015, i saw this video of your's, namely the Operation Ragnarok. The battle formation, the beautiful ships, the very fitting music and the coordination between players of the same faction. It was everything i ever wanted out of this game, Starmade. However, it was also during a time where i was unable to join in, as i lacked a computer of my own, so i could not play. Now, after finding the video again, and figuring out that i could actually join into this faction, i hurried up and came here, reactivated my account, and made this post. It would be a pleasure to join the Fleet, and to participate in those glorious battles. o7

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Hello!

• In-game name: GeneralGrievous
    • Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    • Availability: Variable, but often (Most of the time during the day on the week)
    • Desired role: Pilot, part-time engineer
    • Reason for joining: In 2015, i saw this video of your's, namely the Operation Ragnarok. The battle formation, the beautiful ships, the very fitting music and the coordination between players of the same faction. It was everything i ever wanted out of this game, Starmade. However, it was also during a time where i was unable to join in, as i lacked a computer of my own, so i could not play. Now, after finding the video again, and figuring out that i could actually join into this faction, i hurried up and came here, reactivated my account, and made this post. It would be a pleasure to join the Fleet, and to participate in those glorious battles. o7
    Send me a time for this friday when you'd be available for a voice interview.

Reaction score
    • In-game name: TheHunter111_1
    • Timezone: UTC+10:00
    • Availability: My times when I am able to play computer games are not set or consistent, I may be able to play 10 hours in a day, one hour in a week or disappear entirely for a month. Depending on what my working life requires of me.
    • Desired role: I will make an attempt to complete any assigned task, however my ability to build ships (hull and systems) is bad enough that it would not be beneficial to assign me to a job requiring it.
    • Reason for joining: My bounty service died out due to lack on interest in the idea and I could not commit to Furon Empire as much as spocklin wanted me online, this faction on the other hand sounds like this could be "the one"
    Hi,

Is my application still being considered or should I start looking for another faction?

If you are occupied then that is completely acceptable, I am just interested in a status update of my application.

Sincerely
    -TheHunter111_1

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I'm leaving the mandate and washing my hands of the unbearably toxic environment that is the faction scene. I have neither the time nor patience for taking this game so seriously so I recently handed it off to people who will. I'm washing my hands of this and going to go try and enjoy this game again.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm leaving the mandate and washing my hands of the unbearably toxic environment that is the faction scene. I have neither the time nor patience for taking this game so seriously so I recently handed it off to people who will. I'm washing my hands of this and going to go try and enjoy this game again.
    Have fun, hopefully you will be back when the BS die down.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    And here I was, thinking it was all cooling down again.