Flat planets are absolutely horrible. An idea on how to make them round. changed

Reaction score
    First, I think making planets be new dimensions that can be accessed when within a certain proximity to the planet’s atmosphere. Similar to how you would access a shop but instead would be beamed down or travel in a small ship to the surface. The layout of the planet would be identical to Minecraft’s. With X, Y, and Z planes. My idea for giving the illusion of being spherical. I’m going to try and explain this with a 3x3 grid that represent chunks and put in as examples. (Ex; 1) Let\'s say you spawn in area 5. Five is your center (Ex; 2) If you go into area 2. Two is the new center. (Ex;3) Now you want to move from 2 to 1. One becomes the new center (Ex;4) Let\'s say you are back at 5. lets say you move diagonally toward 9. Nine is now the new center. If you were to divide each area in to a X amount the same principal applies, just with more chunks to exchange.

Ex. 1 Ex.2

Ex.3 Ex.4

Reaction score
    We could stop necro posting on an over discussed topic that the developer has already made and announced his decision on.
    Your getting 2 sided flat planets.
    Please stop assuming everyone else is too dumb to have thought of a solution.
    Please accept the fact that schema is going to make this game the way he thinks is best, not the way you *think* his code, physics engine and gameplay intent should be.
    Simple logic here, a cubic world does NOT support a spherical planet without *unwanted* physics conflicts. If this seems wrong to uou somehow, then i challenge you to learn more about interelational dimensions. (Or just look up cartographical anomolies seen on flat maps)
    If this stippnisnt enough, please refer back a few months to the news post where schema actually wasted his time, just to demonstrate why 1 particular suggested method didn\'t work.