(FIX)[Catalog issue] Baught a ship blueprint & won't spawn.(FIX)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    (FIX FOUND, SCROLL DOWN)

(MY OLD POST)

Hello,

I built a ship, and to test it out I baught it from the catalog on both multiplayer & singleplayer, and it does the same thing; can't see any of its blocks, nor do I collide with them, and I can see the *blue diamond*(Ship Core) and fly towards it, but nothing's there exept for the *blue diamond*...

I spent ages on that ship, and I don't understand why it wont spawn, people have made bigger ships than mine and they can spawn them in without a problem, and someone else said they had the same problem, and that was with a small ship.

Anyway, I've tried relogging, moving around, etc. But it just doesn't appear, the *blue diamond* sometimes even dissapears after a little while... So somethings wrong there... :(

TL;DR: Baught blueprint and nothing spawned, only a blue-diamond that dissapears.

FIX HAS BEING FOUND (May not always work, must be done correctly!):

Here is what I did to fix a ship that was corrupted;

• Went to;

"C:\Users\User\Desktop\StarMade\blueprints\orbital_strike_laser_cargo"

• Copy the;

"orbital_strike_laser_cargo" part.

• Then went to;

"C:\Users\User\Desktop\StarMade\blueprints\orbital_strike_laser_cargo\DATA",

• Found a mess instead of propper names;

"B09kluZDxTjtEnvvojDPDK0Ee0PsjCTKFD_YFqVQb5.0.0.0.smd2" & "B09kluZDxTjtEnvvojDPDK0Ee0PsjCTKFD_YFqVQb5.0.0.-1.smd2"

(SOMETIMES there are two .smd2's, and sometimes there's just one, that seems to be completely normal)

• And renamed them into;

"ENTITY_SHIP_orbital_strike_laser_cargo5.0.0.0.smd2" & "ENTITY_SHIP_orbital_strike_laser_cargo5.0.0.-1.smd2"

(Kept the bunch of numbers at the end; that are next to dots. And added the "ENTITY_SHIP_" to the begginning)

Reaction score
    I\'ve had the same problem. It\'s quite annoying because you still pay the price for it... but you get nothing...

SPACE FRAUD!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The fact that it takes your money aswell makes it even worse... ><

Reaction score
    Should be simple to do:

• make sure you have enough credits to buy it
    • face in the direction of a piece of empty space
    • you have to be near a shop to buy it

and if none of this works.... well my friend you\'re officially screwed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i had similar problem, but in my case even the core wouldn\'t be spawned. figured out that somehow my schematic got corrupted. and i saved it only 2h before i tried to spawn it. and thats how i spent my first hundred millions...

Reaction score
    My ships made in single player seem to work still but anthing I have imported will not spawn properly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah I always save my ships at 5 min intervals incase the server crashes, and I AWLAYS save them to \"Local\" so other people can\'t copy it, and also so Pirates can\'t dupe it...

I guess that is where the problem lies, and I hope to god that it gets fixed because I spent decades on this ship...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same problem, bump for schema attention.

I have been building a massive ship ( currently over 100k blocks) and from what I can tell, what\'s hapening here is bad saving. The ships dont spawn because the blurprint information is corrupted.

Only way I\'e been able to get around it is just keep saving copies of your ship untuil one works.

ie; save it as One- try to buy it.If it dosn\'t work, delete the save, Save the ship again as two, try to buy it. If it dosnt work, delete the save. Rinse and repeat untuil sucessus.

I\'d really like to see this bug fixed as it has cost me about 10 hours of work.

Reaction score
    Has anyone tried a different shop a couple of sectors away?

or - Saving to catalog -> exit game, check an entry has been made into blueprint folder -> restart game and try purchasing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Greaterix, the files are created in local, its just that they do not load properly, or that they are saved wrong so the file ends up corrupted. But they\'re there, yes.

Reaction score
    I upload a ship and/or with turrents (its a big ship) and some times it spawns a blue way point but then dissappers, the turrents appaer but the ship dosnt, or the ship spawns and nothen else. I have to get my freind to save and send the file over and then it works fine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve tried a 4 times on multiplay on two servers usualy i do this on the boarder of the shop zone (to avoid pesky thieves) 3 of the 4 times nothing appears, one of the 4 the entire ship except the core apeared and the marker on the radar showed the location where the core should be. Reloading the game and reconecting didnt help. If it helps i can try and find the file of the ship i was trying to import.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is really really stupid, please fix this bug asap made my ship and it wont spawn in other servers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ah, good ol\' bug, reported plenty of times - at least I recall suffering from the \'blue ship beacon but no ship itself\' version myself. Hopefully Schema will put fixing it a notch higher in the work priority list.

Reaction score
    I have the same styled glitch as well. But I can spawn them in if i don\'t give them a custom name. If I do give them a custom name, they dont do anything.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    me too, really hoping. Did he put invisible salvage lasers as a priority over this one? :( Its ruining so many people\'s game experiences.

Making mine much more dificult.

-sigh-

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Maybe the lasers were just easier to fix. I know that Schema IS aware of the problem and I did talk with him about it already, being one of the first I believe to have exactly that version of the bug. He also (presumably) took a look at the corrupted blueprints I\'ve sent him per our earlier agreement. Hopefully we\'ll see some results soon.