Read by Council Extend sensors to detect SHP and AHP.

Is this idea reasonable? Should the core detect players or SHP?

• This idea is not so good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Attaching a sensor to the core of a ship should allow it to detect the Structure Hit Points ratio of the ship. A sensor attached to armor should detect the Armor Hit Points ratio.

Simple suggestion is simple.

Only thing I can see conflicting is if the core should be used to detect a player in the future.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Attaching a sensor to the core of a ship should allow it to detect the Structure Hit Points ratio of the ship. A sensor attached to armor should detect the Armor Hit Points ratio.

Simple suggestion is simple.

Only thing I can see conflicting is if the core should be used to detect a player in the future.
    This is the best thing I've heard for SHP so far. I'll leave quarters to do people detection later.

TheGT

Chief Janitorial, Second Legion, Fourth Squadron
    Reaction score
    Chairs for peep detection, SHP for core detection. Sounds good!

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes, that would complete the set of data input required for proper automatic alert code handling.

1. Various degrees of shield depletion to sense being attacked, as well as the severity of the attack
    2a. Sensing when armor protection is gone for armor tanks
    2b. Sensing when structure damage is below a threshold or nearing overheating

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'd hate to pigeon hole the ships core into detecting structure points. Mostly because there's only one core, and I'd like to have multiple sensor circuits that aren't centered around the core. Isn't there another block we can use instead? What about a cube of metal mesh, or a cube of hull? Or maybe a decorative block like a personal computer, or something like that?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Scanner systems should passively provide extended information. More modules, more range.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I'd hate to pigeon hole the ships core into detecting structure points. Mostly because there's only one core, and I'd like to have multiple sensor circuits that aren't centered around the core. Isn't there another block we can use instead? What about a cube of metal mesh, or a cube of hull? Or maybe a decorative block like a personal computer, or something like that?
    The sensor just needs the core slaved to it. Why would it need to be next to it?

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I doesn't, but what about when you decide to "move" the core with cut and paste. or If you want to move your Sensor room. you're going to have to reconnect the ONE slave core to however many structure sensors you want, which may be on the other side of the ship.

Yes it's doable. it just seems like we're setting our selves up for hardship later.

TheGT

Chief Janitorial, Second Legion, Fourth Squadron
    Reaction score
    Scanner systems should passively provide extended information. More modules, more range.
    GT: Boy, you just wandered into the wrong suggestion. (pulls out laz-gun, fires twice.)
    BDLS: NOOOOOOO...
    GT: Pass me another alturian ale, barkeep. We don't talk bout no wireless sensors here.
    Barkeep: righty-yo, its all logic here.