Entity Name Popup or HUD Display

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Say I have a bunch of identical turrets on a ship. When moving up and down the entity chains to modify or test the turrets I have no way of knowing which turret I'm in other then either spinning the turret to try and work out where I am or switching into build mode and moving out to look back on the turret. It's extremely time consuming when I'm trying to find a specific turret to make small adjustments. With the bigger turrets I've been including a Display with the turrets name on it that I can see as soon as I enter the entity, however this is impractical on small turrets, especially when there's a lot of them.
    A solution to this would be to have the entities name either flash up on screen like it does with the 'Flight Mode' notification when you move into an entity, or alternatively have the name of the current controlled entity on the HUD somewhere. Possible locations could be just above the action bar with the astronaut health status, included with the 'Tech Info' overlay or maybe a more appropriate spot would be with the co-ordinates underneath the Radar?

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That would be handy.

In the meantime you could use a display block with the entity name manually, using the variable or both.