Emperius Resurgence

Reaction score
    The Emperius Fleet operated proudly for many years, never knowing they were watched closely from the shadows. An enemy lurked in nearby galaxies, and when they decided to strike it was too late. Emperius as it had been known was no more, only a handful escaped. But they vow to rise again, regaining power increment by increment...

Okay, a fresh start. I have learned a lot thanks to everyone's advice and now have decided to begin afresh. Using the brotherhood classification system I will begin with a fighter and progressively get bigger, building on everyone's input.

Phoenix (following the bird name tradition and representing rebirth). A simple fighter with twin rapid fire amc's. (Classification: C0b-D0Mm)

Just a trimmed down version I figured would make a good shuttle or drop ship for smaller carriers.

Twice the size of Phoenix, "Condor" the design I settled on for the corvette slot in the fleet (C1b-A0Mm) sports 10 rapid fire damage beams.

give credit where credit is due

Albatross, the fleet's frigate, with 4 rapid fire damage beams, and a BT turret.

"Odysseus" is the fleets missile cruiser. It carries 16 internal missile turrets. It also sports two AMC turrets. The main armament is a quick fire AMC array, with a secondary of multi shot damage beams.

Eris is the fleet Battle Cruiser, and the work horse. It has quad rapid fire ion cannons, explosive rapid fire missiles, and a 360 push pulse for anti drone and explosives defense. It can also sustain overdrive and radar jamming while out of combat. There are 15 torpedo tubes internally. There are no fighters attached since this ship is a true battle ship in its fleet role, but there is a small landing strip behind the bridge for shuttle landing.

Modified to carry smaller ships into battle the drop ship variant can haul 2 frigates, 2 corvettes, and 3 fighters. The ship itself gives up all internal weapon systems and a little in shield capacity, and picks up 5 Flack turrets for added protection (one to be replaced with a larger new turret soon). This ship is meant to allow fleet projection deeper into space, and is not intended for solo use.

BT (Basic Turret) a single array rapid fire cannon [Albatross]

FC (Flac Cannon) another rapid fire cannon, this time with four low damage barrels. Meant to stop small fighters, or just to stop shield regeneration. [Odysseus, Eris DS variant]

Torpedo Tube, best in groups, these turrets are exclusively internal turrets, relying on the ships defenses, but packing a massive amount of damage for the size. [Odysseus, Eris]

Last edited:
    Reactions: NuclearFun
    Reaction score
    I just finished testing. Using only ai, the Phoenix beat 2 Isanths aprox 80% of the time and one test it scored against 3. (the range results from spawn points, if they all spawn right around the Phoenix the pirates are more likely to win than if they straggle in from separated spawn points).

I played with the amcs a little too. You can't add any and be energy efficient, but you can get it to near 1500 dps without the energy loss being enough to actually be any concern in a realistic dogfight. Just replace any length of hull with amcs if you want to do so.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The glass over the cockpit looks kinda weird. That aside, it does look good. Also, it wouldn't suffer from a paint job.

Reaction score
    The glass over the cockpit looks kinda weird. That aside, it does look good. Also, it wouldn't suffer from a paint job.
    Changed the cockpit and added a paint job as requested. I also added a couple shields and put in a light source while I was messing with it. Hope that fixes it for you, thanks for your input.

Reaction score
    New corvette in the log, After testing it behaved as expected, taking 3 Isanth with relative ease but never getting past 4. Let me know what yall think.

Reaction score
    And I added a new frigate to round out the day. It did fine with up to 10 Isanths, and it is too late to keep testing to find the limit, Ill update later. That will be all for a while, if you are reading this thank you for your interest.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Update on my cruiser (about 75%)

I did some experimentation. It doesn't work with AMCs but since missiles from turrets will shoot through your ship I put several turrets inside
    This means I don't have to add shields making the turret much more efficient. I have doors to allow me to dock them, but the turrets work open or shut., I will also add two exterior AMC turrets which will make a total of 14 turrets on this one only 2 being visible.

^one of 3 right top side internal missile turrets. Each one will do 240ish dmg. With 12 auto fire missiles that cant be killed before the rest of the ship, on a sub 5K mass ship, I call that cool. I will definitely be revisiting this concept in the future.

Reaction score
    Sad day, so I found out during testing that while the missles from the turret won't hit the ship, they can hit other turrets. SO having 6 turrets 1 block away from each other meant that they all instantly blew up when targeting the enemy... :mad:. Considering that the entire ship was centered on the concept I will have to revisit the drawing board.

Reaction score
    So I made missile turrets that can sustain one hit from an identical twin. Most of the time this allows 4 turrets to work well, though it is still possible for them to fire across the ship and 2 hit at the same time. 8 can be used but it is a near guarantee that you will loose at least one turret, especially when fighting mobs. It has been fun but I am calling it quits for the cruiser, it is sufficiently safe and useful in warfare to add to the fleet. Odysseus is now the resurgency's flag ship, and is big enough to allow minor offensive missions, and not just patrolling. The effort to reclaim the Emperius home world has begun.

Reaction score
    Haven't been playing as much lately but I do have my next project.

Reaction score
    I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!! My long desired internal torpedo launchers (internal lock on missile turrets) are working. On a test ship I place 6 1meter apart and they didn't damage each other as was the big issue is past trials. This is on the latest patch as well. The changes I made were firing up (never in line with other turrets), and only one as opposed to a group (decreasing the area likely to hit nearby turrets)

I will implement what I have learned into the next ship.

Reactions: NuclearFun

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Will that cruiser be available? It looks pretty darn good!

Reaction score
    The ship in the picture was strictly for testing out concepts, I have started on a battleship, however, which will use the exact same philosophy, but with 15 turrets. It will be modeled on the "hammer" I pictured above. As to when it will be ready, I am a very slow builder so it will be a while, sorry.

No missile turrets were harmed in the making of this picture :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Or if you are talking about the one in the background I will have to update it for the new patch before releasing it, but if you want it I will work on it for you.

Reaction score
    Thadius, the ship has been loaded, but it is still waiting approval. Thanks for being the first to request one of my ships, I hope you like it.

PS: Do not get into the missile turret cores, there is a bug (maybe just me?) that many times makes them flip upside down while still docked. As long as you don't enter the core they should operate correctly.

Reaction score
    I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!! My long desired internal torpedo launchers (internal lock on missile turrets) are working. On a test ship I place 6 1meter apart and they didn't damage each other as was the big issue is past trials. This is on the latest patch as well. The changes I made were firing up (never in line with other turrets), and only one as opposed to a group (decreasing the area likely to hit nearby turrets)

I will implement what I have learned into the next ship.
    That is very cool, that also eliminates those ugly beam slaves :cool:. I thought about something very similar for a future project, do you know on what range they lock on?

Reaction score
    That is very cool, that also eliminates those ugly beam slaves :cool:. I thought about something very similar for a future project, do you know on what range they lock on?
    I am not positive. It only has 1 amc attached in the current model, but it should be fairly easy to manipulate the numbers for a longer range, or damage for that matter. If you want to play with it yourself the "Odysseus" has the exact same turrets, also closely packed.

Reaction score
    I am not positive. It only has 1 amc attached in the current model, but it should be fairly easy to manipulate the numbers for a longer range, or damage for that matter. If you want to play with it yourself the "Odysseus" has the exact same turrets, also closely packed.
    i did some testing, Bobby AIs seems to only notice enemies closer than 1000m :(
    Really like your cruiser (have i mentioned that i like Babylon 5 ships? :D) and i definitely going to do something similar with recessed guided missile turrets :cool: