Economy Metrics

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    This is one for server Admins. Now that we have trans-galatic automated trade, we could use a way to track what is being bought and sold at various levels. Say a metric of trades in/out of npc shops, pc shops, and a way to track those trades on a per galaxy or trans-galaxy basis.

I'm NOT talking about tracking individual trades, but say, we could look back over a week and see how much of block X was bought and sold in a given galaxy or the whole universe. Its average buy/sell price based on actual sales, and listed sales. Also we could get a metric of how many VU's were bought/sold by players/npcs on univeral/galatic levels and which galaxies were doing what percentage of the business compared to the total gross product of the universe.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I actually like this a lot. Limiting it to admins would be lame though, all players being able to see information on trades would be really neat, and lead to some interesting gaming of the system.

Reaction score
    Maybe you can only see the metrics for systems that you have some connection to. This could be represented by some sort of station, block, or even just a ship parked in the relevant system.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm always looking for ways to add to the factions interactions. Would it be neat for the trade guild to facilitate this data? I mean it would be kinda awesome to get mail from them every week with statistics, but I could also see the sense in making it a menu.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I don't think tracking a whole galaxy will be useful since most interactions will take place within the starting galaxy on most servers. Therefore, you'd rarely have a usable difference between a galaxy count and a universe count. I think the data would need to be stored in a database with sector coordinates. Maybe also store the central "system" or "star" coordinate, so that you could track numbers by solar system. That might be a more usable metric. Also, sector faction ownership should be stored, so that only faction-owned systems could be tracked by non-admin players.

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    I was actually suggesting the development of a weekly trade activity "report" for our server earlier today, as a lot of the trade information is already logged, so its mostly a matter of capturing/recording, and aggregating this info.