Earth Authority [Flotilla 27]

Reaction score

The Rhea was actually fairly simple to refit. Its a very small spacecraft, and it didn't have a wide array of weapons on board. What we've done is replace the old Ceres_Light turret with a Ceres_CIWS boosted-laser turret, reconfigured the main cannon to have a decent firing rate, given it both dumbfire and lock-on missiles, and finally... an Overdrive system. We were pretty happy with this, because it didn't take up much space despite allowing the spacecraft to reach Local Space Maximum Velocity - 100 Km/h.

We anticipate that this will increase response times and survival rates greatly for this class, as it can escape to recover shields if it needs to before returning to a firefight.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score

The Ceres battlecruiser now has 28 Heavy mounts. For comparison, the Canada has 9 Heavy mounts, and those are its largest turrets.

The Ceres-SuperHeavy turret has been reclassified as the 'Ceres-UltraHeavy', as I plan to make a turret half its size, but that will still be twice the size of a Heavy. Having big turrets was more useful when their firing rates justified their inaccuracy. Now having more mid-sized turrets will work better.

I've also added wells for CIWS turrets.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Captain Tankman
    Reaction score

56 CIWS turrets (various types, predominantly beam)
    7 Medium Turrets
    28 Heavy Turrets (Beam/Cannon mixture)
    4 Super Heavy Turrets
    1 Ultra Heavy Turret

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I don't want to face that one in a space combat.
    Good work man!

Reaction score
    Thanks.

Oh, another thing I did was unlink the Overdrive system from the main cannons. They took up too much power, and each antimatter shell from each shot still does about 40,000 damage. And there are six sub-cannons in the main weapon array. The Overdrive system for the engines now gets 90% efficiency without going over power generation rate. So, its fast like a battlecruiser should be, and its weapons are deadly. It has loads of VLS tubes all linked to one lock-on computer. It could blow up most of a destroyer if the shields were low, and it can take out a frigate with no cannon assistance at all.

Reaction score
    I missed your ships. Will you be putting these up when you finish them? Your Siberia was like my all time fav pirate hunting ship. As always you do amazing work.

Reaction score
    I missed your ships. Will you be putting these up when you finish them? Your Siberia was like my all time fav pirate hunting ship. As always you do amazing work.
    Huh. Did you get it on NASS or Stardrift or something? I don't usually give out .craft files, so I'm not sure where you got that from.

Also, the Ceres is even better at hunting pirates (mostly corvettes). I spawned four waves at once and it still had working turrets by the time it was through with them. And those were refitted corvettes, too. They had working weapons and regenerating shields.

Reaction score
    Huh. Did you get it on NASS or Stardrift or something? I don't usually give out .craft files, so I'm not sure where you got that from.

Also, the Ceres is even better at hunting pirates (mostly corvettes). I spawned four waves at once and it still had working turrets by the time it was through with them. And those were refitted corvettes, too. They had working weapons and regenerating shields.

the old starmade site. You had uploaded the siberia class if I remember right. Absolutely loved it.

Reaction score
    the old starmade site. You had uploaded the siberia class if I remember right. Absolutely loved it.
    Ah. I'm not sure why I would have done that, but it's nice to know you enjoyed using it.

Since the Juno is fairly small, and proper jump-drive equipped ships are probably quite rare right now, I might well decide to make it public.

[EDIT]
    Also, I fixed a goof with the spelling of the spacecraft's name:

The Juno class ships will be named after comets.

... I wouldn't want to be commander of the Shoemaker-Levy...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    A scout needs some pretty good weaponry to defend itself with, after all, it'll be going alone into unknown territory for many of its operations.

... hence the battlecruiser turret.

Also, more pictures!

Underside!

I made this because an Internet friend claimed all the command sections looked the same:

Last edited:

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I guess its a good thing that they look similiar? It shows that the ships are by the same shipyard and just different classes ;)

Reaction score
    I guess its a good thing that they look similiar? It shows that the ships are by the same shipyard and just different classes ;)
    I know, that's why I build them that way. Even the CoalitionOfRamblers video which featured the Siberia pointed out how they looked similar enough to come from the same fleet, despite the many aesthetic differences.

Work, it continues! Navigation lights and the forward lasers have been fitted, along with a hangar bay for a Fox class pocket dropship. That's pretty much the only daughtercraft that the Juno will carry - a lot of space will be needed for the jumpdrive after all, and for a spacecraft the size of the Juno, that extra space is badly needed for extra systems. Carrying a corvette or a fighter is not going to greatly increase a destroyer's capability, but in the case of a scout, a dropship would be useful for exploring planets.

It should be noted that the Juno will also be fitted with an Overdrive system.

Most likely, once it is complete, I will be making an assault version. It will carry a Hawke fighter instead of a Fox and will have a smaller main turret. It will also not be fitted with a jump drive, since it would be acting as a screening element for the Flotilla's cruisers and battlecruisers. Neither of those have jump drives, instead relying on Overdrives and stargates.

Reaction score
    what exactly is the jump drive, i haven't been on since school started

Reaction score
    what exactly is the jump drive, i haven't been on since school started
    It's a system with a computer and effector blocks, which requires 5% of the ship be made up of the effectors.

It allows a ship to, after a short recharging time, jump up to 8 sectors instantaneously.

Reaction score
    how do you set the distance or is based off of the number of effect mods you have, also it it like overdrive where it just speeds the ship up or does it actually teleport you?

Reaction score
    how do you set the distance or is based off of the number of effect mods you have, also it it like overdrive where it just speeds the ship up or does it actually teleport you?
    It's 8 sectors in whichever direction your facing, or direct to a navigation waypoint if it's in range. The number of effectors, IIRC, determines how quickly the system charges. And as I said, its instantaneous travel. So yes, teleport.