Earth Authority [Flotilla 27]

Reaction score
    Most of our fleet is currently undergoing refits with the new weapons we bought off the trading guild! Whilst this has slowed out fleet's expansion somewhat, we've still found the time, materials and the everlasting love to build the attack version of one of our classics!

Canada class Attack Cruiser:

The Canada is separate from the Siberia because it mounts slightly heavier shielding, more heavy turrets (including one Super-Heavy), and a slightly different paint job! Being an attack cruiser though, the Canada is intended to get closer and more personal. It lacks the Siberia's ventral VLS array and dorsal silos, but that's okay, because the ventral array's mounting is where that Super-Heavy turret is fitted - and the less missile launchers there are, the more the crew can concentrate on MAIN WEAPONRY.

The aforementioned classic that the Canada was based on -

Siberia class Missile/Command Cruiser:

The Siberia is intended as a cruiser squadron's command and control unit, directing the others' manoeuvres and assigning targets. As such, it has a splendid red paint job which we hope enemies won't have the sensor capability to notice. This spacecraft also packs a strong, long-ranged punch with both lock-on and straight-firing missiles, allowing it to hang back a little - meaning that squadron CAC will likely stay in operation in even that most tough of battles!

More on the way when their refits are complete!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have to ask:
    do these ships sport full interiors as well as stunning exteriors? I want to see this sort of thing on Tectum Clementia.

Reaction score
    I have to ask:
    do these ships sport full interiors as well as stunning exteriors? I want to see this sort of thing on Tectum Clementia.
    They do, although I should probably fit the Siberia with a full Command Information Centre when I get back from my holiday. I should hope the interiors could be considered 'stunning' - the fact that it's asymmetrical alone makes the internal systems five times harder to fit.

Reaction score
    The Ceres class battlecruiser is currently undergoing refits. This involves tearing out its weapons and replacing them, fitting shield rechargers, and mounting an awful lot more heavy turrets. When complete, it should have twice as many heavy turrets as the Canada, and will retain its five Super Heavy turrets (though these will also need to be refitted.)

Its smallcraft - one Adventure shuttle, one Fox pocket dropship, and a Hawke assault gunship - have already been upgraded to work with new systems. The EAMS Ariel has yet to receive new Iris and Rhea class corvette daughtercraft, however.

Work in progress shown below:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Really good stuff, very detailed.

Wonder what the 'America' and 'Great Britain' classes look like, assuming you're staying with the 'countries and continents' theme. Personally, I think the 'Australia' class should be your deadliest :D

When you can, can you post some interior shots?

Reaction score
    Really good stuff, very detailed.

Wonder what the 'America' and 'Great Britain' classes look like, assuming you're staying with the 'countries and continents' theme. Personally, I think the 'Australia' class should be your deadliest :D

When you can, can you post some interior shots?
    Heh. The classes aren't based on countries and continents - that'd be stealing the thunder of the Terran Colonial Authority from the Outsider webcomic. Originally, the Siberia was to be a 'Light Assault Carrier', less than three hundred metres long. I upscaled the design to make a cruiser (generally 500-750 metres). Which is why the Siberia has a name that is the odd-one-out in Earth Authority's lineup. The Canada class is named as such because it's a variant of the Siberia.

Meanwhile, almost anything else is named after dwarf planets and asteroids. My (as yet unbuilt) battleship class is called Stallion.

So basically from smallest to largest, it goes:

Scylla Light Fighter
    Nyx Heavy Fighter
    Adventure Shuttle
    Hawke Assault Gunship
    Angel Point-Defence Gunship
    Fox Pocket Dropship
    Ranger Dropship
    Febris Medical Transport (Triage support craft)
    Rhea Defence Corvette
    Iris Assault Corvette
    Fides Corvette
    Pallas Frigate
    Canada/Siberia Cruiser
    Ceres Battlecruiser
    Angita Mobile Hospital
    Stallion Battleship
    Vesta Battlecarrier
    Super Stallion Dreadnought

Special mentions go to:

Aurora Command Station (Civilian yacht refit)
    Octet Carrier Refit (Purchased from Vecordean Fleet Works)

There will likely never be a Pluto class.

Reaction score
    Heh. The classes aren't based on countries and continents - that'd be stealing the thunder of the Terran Colonial Authority from the Outsider webcomic. Originally, the Siberia was to be a 'Light Assault Carrier', less than three hundred metres long. I upscaled the design to make a cruiser (generally 500-750 metres). Which is why the Siberia has a name that is the odd-one-out in Earth Authority's lineup. The Canada class is named as such because it's a variant of the Siberia.

Meanwhile, almost anything else is named after dwarf planets and asteroids. My (as yet unbuilt) battleship class is called Stallion.

So basically from smallest to largest, it goes:

Scylla Light Fighter
    Nyx Heavy Fighter
    Adventure Shuttle
    Hawke Assault Gunship
    Angel Point-Defence Gunship
    Fox Pocket Dropship
    Ranger Dropship
    Febris Medical Transport (Triage support craft)
    Rhea Defence Corvette
    Iris Assault Corvette
    Fides Corvette
    Pallas Frigate
    Canada/Siberia Cruiser
    Ceres Battlecruiser
    Angita Mobile Hospital
    Stallion Battleship
    Vesta Battlecarrier
    Super Stallion Dreadnought

Special mentions go to:

Aurora Command Station (Civilian yacht refit)
    Octet Carrier Refit (Purchased from Vecordean Fleet Works)

There will likely never be a Pluto class.
    Poor Pluto :( No Gliese or Kepler? Still, I like the naming convention. (And the ships, of course)

Reaction score

Damn. I'm not sure we quite realised just how much of the original Pallas design was useless framework, and it had far too much unused interior space. Its refit involved the replacement of all turrets with modern ones, replacement of its entire weapons suite (including the VLS arrays that the Pallas was originally designed to test) - Fairly rapid-fire AMCs that can still do damage, four dumbfire missile tubes, and a constant-fire laser - reorganising the interior so that it actually contains living facilities, whilst also having less empty space where internal systems can go... and a nice smoothing out of the hull.

We're quite pleased. The new version should be much more capable than the old one, even if it does lack lock-on missiles.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I love how... Real and complex your ships are, but they never seem to strain the eyes with all the detail you put into them. Everything just seems to fit the same style. Very well done.

Reaction score
    I love how... Real and complex your ships are, but they never seem to strain the eyes with all the detail you put into them. Everything just seems to fit the same style. Very well done.
    Thanks. It's always good to know that my creations don't cause people medical harm.

Reaction score

The Iris was a lot simpler to refit, since it has no turrets. We replaced its primary cannon with a constant-fire laser mount, and its multiple heat-seeker VLS silos were replaced by A lock-on Vertical Launch System. It also has twin cannons which, through the use of slaved cannons, were made to fire at a high enough rate to make hitting a target easier, whilst retaining a strong enough punch to do damage.

In testing, a refitted Iris singlehandedly took on a squadron of pirate fighters and shuttles, though it was a write-off afterwards. Given that corvettes are intended to act at a squadron level themselves, we don't see this as a failure.