Drone Wars Competition , Season 2

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wow thanks for the complements and helpful tips.

New to drones so glad you like them.

Sorry I dropped out during match. Had family drama to deal with.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm out and I tried with my phone but it's a bit rubbish.
    [doublepost=1471139396,1471139328][/doublepost]Did my drones die an honorable death in that match? :)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Ok so first of all, your drones were great! But due to updates we were running on the latest version which resulted in messed up blueprints and what not. The entire event turned into a 13 hour streaming marathon ending in a draw between two drone fleets which had proven their capeability of doing battle several times. The draw was that GalactusX had 2 very tanky fast shield regenerating missile drones (the pacmans we called them due to their shape) which were trying to shoot Crashmaster heavy ams supported fleet, pretty much their shields tanked all the damage thrown at them and they could not kill anything as well due to the ams...

Some of us recall a half hour season 1 fight that just lasted for ever due two weaker drone teams batteling it out... This time, which is a little scientific discovery, we experience the exact same in the semifinals. We had awesome matches and then this game which did not go anywhere...

so this is the last status of the bracket
    Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 11.45.43.png

Up to this point we remember lots of stuff which could have changed the outcome entirely if the blueprint system would not have messed up let's say Napther shield injector drone just see how far it has come without the injector working...
    Or if Lone_Puppy (660 mass) or GalactusX (1973 mass) would have maxed out their allowed mass...
    All the ifs and what could and what could not... we won't get an answer for this this season. We would have hoped to deliver you some special matches, for example just quadrouple Lone_Puppy drones vs. the winner and stuff like that just to show of some cool fights but this season launching the drones by hand was killing it for us, took so much time, that, what i am most sorry about, actually also got on my nerves and i am really sorry that my voice might show that every now and then probably a load at the end.
    What was supposed to be a fun tournament became a chore : ( I am sorry
    BUT we have been watching, all the problems we faced did not went unnoticed, schine staff dropped by and asked for the log files to have a look at them and they should have them all soon if not already. Our client data, the server logs, they hopefully are able to relate some connection losses directly to what was happening in the game, for the server bored itself and still kicked us all at the same moment several times.

I went to bed tired a bit frustrated for i had imaginined it to be a bit more fluid but looking back at it, we just realize well it is alpha and only through testing stuff gets better. I am sorry for the tournament, it could have come out smoother but i hope everyone watching still had fun. Due to the extended length of the resulting stream i am just going to pick some fights edit and put them on youtube. I hope you understand that a full coverage is barely possible...

So as it looks like there is just one more thing to do, i have to give the winning spot to someone and as wisky was still waiting for the other fights outcome i would just rule him the winner. I know it is not entirely fair and all but i hope you understand that after 13 hours - it is hard for us to find dates to do such stuff anyway so - it had to end somewhen.

Regarding season 3, very likely, i mean it is my baby, it is fun right, so somewhen, slightly different rules (we need to enforce launch buttons are easyily identified and put at a prominent easy to find spot, we need to enforce to use the mass limits to make it fair...) i will have to talk to the others how and when and ... then announce the next season. Most likely next year. We had a great year, two seasons... Let's give the game some time to progress and evolve and then see in a few month what you awesome people are coming up with again. It was an honor seeing your creations and some of them were truely outstanding in delivery like GalactusX launch show or LordGraftin s carrier also StormWing0 brawler drones spiced it up along with gregolegomonkey s pirate fleet. All of you made this a great event! if you are new to the game or just doing finetuning like Sgtwisky or Loadout you all made this a great season by submitting these battle machines.

Thanks again for understanding the ruling
    Drakkart

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    When I could get on to view it was awesome to see you guys operate. I'm completely green to the drone scene, so needed to see to learn.

So sorry about the button issue with my carrier. I did think I needed a button on the bridge and will certainly have a clear release button next time. As for the mass, will also adhere to this to. I miss-understood and thought you would just replicate the drones only to an even mass, but will be ready next time.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    When I could get on to view it was awesome to see you guys operate. I'm completely green to the drone scene, so needed to see to learn.

So sorry about the button issue with my carrier. I did think I needed a button on the bridge and will certainly have a clear release button next time. As for the mass, will also adhere to this to. I miss-understood and thought you would just replicate the drones only to an even mass, but will be ready next time.
    on equal mass i think we would have gotten some pretty interesting outcomes ...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What was up with my "interdimensional launch mechanism"? I heard something about it before my second match, but didn't get a chance to watch the first.

Reactions: ToasterBorst

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I think I just need to make it so no matter what part of the launcher you hit the center launch button on the whole thing launches. XD

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    What was up with my "interdimensional launch mechanism"? I heard something about it before my second match, but didn't get a chance to watch the first.
    your thing literally ripped space time open by freezing the server kicking everyone on it... we then went into its rail menu and had to undock everything docked instead of using it ... for it caused real havoc everytime we tried otherwise.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    your thing literally ripped space time open by freezing the server kicking everyone on it... we then went into its rail menu and had to undock everything docked instead of using it ... for it caused real havoc everytime we tried otherwise.
    Nice! I'm going to have to fix that and make sure it works...

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Couple new rules:
    1) If one or both sides are unable to inflict enough damage to break shields after 1 hour end the match and the side with higher remaining % mass or Combine Structure and Armor HP wins.
    Could use remaining % mass or Remaining combine Structure and Armor HP not sure what'd be better.

2) If racks and ships aren't functioning as of current patch use the patch of the start date of the build side of the competition unless otherwise specified. This would make it so we shouldn't have as many broken racks and ships. :)

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Its a shame; Nobody expected Scheema to mess up this patch so royally in "bug fixes"

Shootout rails and their clocks also... My cursed shield injector tank and its rail clock coming off *grumbles* :PJSalt:

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Its a shame; Nobody expected Scheema to mess up this patch so royally in "bug fixes"

Shootout rails and their clocks also... My cursed shield injector tank and its rail clock coming off *grumbles* :pJSalt:
    aw come on it is not that bad, at least the devs have all the data to investigate trust me there is a difference testing your fixes yourself or getting them tested by players for they always find a way to mess stuff up you didn't even imagine...

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol so many hidden bugs no one noticed on the dev server the devs will be running around with their hair on fire trying to fix them all the next couple of weeks. XD

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I expected teething problems over a long period with the new 32block chunks. Only natural.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    What about the mraawesome0002's rack ? An oblivion? :)
    i just rechecked i probably just never saw it. he uploaded a zip file which unpacked to a folder going by the name of Drone Rack 7x drone 3
    problem is i got tons of drone racks in my blueprints. so not really a disqualification i just forgot to search for it a few days later.
    So yeah i missed him. Sorry

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    i just rechecked i probably just never saw it. he uploaded a zip file which unpacked to a folder going by the name of Drone Rack 7x drone 3
    problem is i got tons of drone racks in my blueprints. so not really a disqualification i just forgot to search for it a few days later.
    So yeah i missed him. Sorry
    Will he get consolation?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The rules were pretty clear in the regard of naming conventions and i put them up for a reason. Yes i am sorry it went like this for it was not intended but seriously you want me to excuse for other peoples mistakes? Not that i have a problem with saying "sorry" but .. there will be a new season so nothing you guys build is lost...

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    It has been an honor to fight with you people, you guys do a fantastic job ( take a part bugs or BP errors ), I hope in the next drone wars, joins more people, with more designs and great systems.

Thanks to the fighting occurred, I have learned a lot about my mistakes, and I promise that in the next season, I will bring more great drone desings, more diversity, more firepower and... if Schema´s team allow.. less bug and errors on my carrier ... has been frustrating for me to work hard to create an animation of drone launched, and then nothing work properly.

Drakkart
    i think, for the next drone wars season, some rules must be "edit" ( not change or remove ), maybe do a ROLL for allow players can vote or suggest new ideas for rules, the actual are great, but you know, changes on a new direction can improve the actual.

And this is for the people with whom I have had the pleasure to face in battle, you have done a very good job, hope to face again with you and dont put you things not so easy :)

Reactions: Lone_Puppy