Drone Wars Competition , Season 2

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I sadly will be at work during the stream. But I will await the uploaded recording all day till I get home !
    [doublepost=1470891360,1470891311][/doublepost]OH and should I assume that the "we agreed" and the multiple videos you put up to mean your co judges didn't skip out on you?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I sadly will be at work during the stream. But I will await the uploaded recording all day till I get home !
    [doublepost=1470891360,1470891311][/doublepost]OH and should I assume that the "we agreed" and the multiple videos you put up to mean your co judges didn't skip out on you?
    it took me some work and i am actually not even sure if borst actually wants to stream... i just put him there and went like you know pal if you don't feel like streaming they will notice soon enough ; ) dal has exams but he went like i am going to have a look at the ships and try to send you a spreadsheet... so i hope he'll be around. and phaser is also a member of the evil toaster gang and he agreed to help out early on, he helped out last time so for this season i figured he'd deserve to become an official stream.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    cool. Glad to hear your not entirely alone like it sounded. I know its likely a bunch of work to do all the judging, filming, and other prep that goes on in the background.

TY to everyone for all their hard work to make our dream fights a reality :D

Reactions: Loadout
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    ok i have to say i am impressed we have stunning deploy mechanisms this year yes a few... we have some really good and interesting ships out there this year but we also have - lots of potential.

So no disqualifications because well we are nice right, though some people really streched it... (adding another 2 8 block drones to your rack to fill up mass while forgetting you already had 3 different kind of drones and these were the 4th ... let's say your drones better make up for it in a good show...) pretty much a few people are guilty of "hiding" "the one button" very well in their logics... others are positively outstanding in this regard putting huge arrows on the ships *giggles*. For other very confident people we better also add a minimum mass next time, for even though they look good... far below 2500 mass is not a competition in such an event...

I really had to make decisions this time and i went like "look we all just want to have fun right? let us not be too strict here let's just go with what we have and enjoy the show." But i am already promising we will have stricter rules in the future ; )

So here are the systems ratings but
    dal still intends to deliver his design ratings in time, he is really busy though.
    And i guess we are going to get some ahhhs and ohhhs on stream from borst if he is not able to submit his mechanics ratings in time

Crashmaster 5
    Galactusx 6
    Gregolegomonkey 4
    Lerith 3
    Loadout 7
    Lonepuppy 5
    LordGraftin 5
    Naphter 6
    Sgtwisky 8
    Stormwing 7

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    no problem friend, maybe I did a little confusing whole system, I hope that the displays have helped a little to understand everything :)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    no problem friend, maybe I did a little confusing whole system, I hope that the displays have helped a little to understand everything :)
    i think i recall it was not too difficult with your "launch platform"

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ok i have to say i am impressed we have stunning deploy mechanisms this year yes a few... we have some really good and interesting ships out there this year but we also have - lots of potential.

So no disqualifications because well we are nice right, though some people really streched it... (adding another 2 8 block drones to your rack to fill up mass while forgetting you already had 3 different kind of drones and these were the 4th ... let's say your drones better make up for it in a good show...) pretty much a few people are guilty of "hiding" "the one button" very well in their logics... others are positively outstanding in this regard putting huge arrows on the ships *giggles*. For other very confident people we better also add a minimum mass next time, for even though they look good... far below 2500 mass is not a competition in such an event...

I really had to make decisions this time and i went like "look we all just want to have fun right? let us not be too strict here let's just go with what we have and enjoy the show." But i am already promising we will have stricter rules in the future ; )

dal still intends to deliver his design ratings in time, he is really busy though.
    And i guess we are going to get some ahhhs and ohhhs on stream from borst if he is not able to submit his mechanics ratings in time

Crashmaster 5
    Galactusx 6
    Gregolegomonkey 4
    Lerith 3
    Loadout 7
    Lonepuppy 5
    LordGraftin 5
    Naphter 6
    Sgtwisky 8
    Stormwing 7
    Wow, a 5. Coolies! :)
    [doublepost=1471029416,1471029356][/doublepost]Man I set my alarm but slept right through it. :-(

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2

Crashmaster 5
    Galactusx 6
    Gregolegomonkey 4
    Lerith 3
    Loadout 7
    Lonepuppy 5
    LordGraftin 5
    Naphter 6
    Sgtwisky 8
    Stormwing 7
    *Slight cough* Sorry; I was building late into the night and I was basically doing the first things that came to my head... like those very awful spaced rod drone things...

Only a 6? ;)

Im pretty sure Im the only one who took a shield injector tank-drone to the fight, lol,

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    oh wow so galactus ofc has a great one i mean whoever saw that has to agree that looks awesome... i guess he put more work into the launcher than his actual drones *giggles* then we have two really cool carriers which launch their drones those are great as well both in their way... and then there is this rack which like rotates while it releases the drones - this produces the most chaotic spread i have ever seen... then we have one or two racks which like have multistage launches those also do a fantastic job.
    [doublepost=1471034965,1471034645][/doublepost]
    *Slight cough* Sorry; I was building late into the night and I was basically doing the first things that came to my head... like those very awful spaced rod drone things...

Only a 6? ;)

Im pretty sure Im the only one who took a shield injector tank-drone to the fight, lol,
    again i am judging on your drones abilities to win battles. not style not features pure deadly efficiency. Feel free to open a conversation and i'll let you know in more detail.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    ... and then there is this rack which like rotates while it releases the drones - this produces the most chaotic spread i have ever seen... then we have one or two racks which like have multistage launches those also do a fantastic job.
    ... which is the difference between a villain and a supervillain? the presentation ...

:p that´s my drone rack :p

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    from dal. he usea a x/5 system just to let you know a 2.5 is 50% of max

Overall score is the total score for a given drone, and only the drone. Motherships not included.

Criteria:
    Color - Use of color, complementary not clashing, visually effective.
    Form - Overall shape, identifiable parts and function, visually appealing and practical.
    Detail - Refinement of shape and color, and attention to individual parts.

Good luck pilots!

-Dalmont

Crashmaster
    • Color: 1
    • Form: 4
    • Detail: 2.5
    • Overall: 2.5
    Comments: Amusing design, and clever use of so few blocks, color choice per-drone is limited and doesn’t lend itself to highlighting the finer points of the design. Slabs overwhelm the shape on most areas.

GalactusX31
    • Form: 3.5
    • Detail: 3
    Comments: Overall simplistic design but effective, color choice is limited and clashes, detail is good but takes away from the design and looks busy.

Gregolegomonkey
    • Color: 3
    • Form: 5
    • Detail: 4.5
    • Overall: 4.2
    Comments: Good overall form, interesting design, and clearly defined sense of function, colors are a bit scattered and the detail is lost with the slabs.

Lerith
    • Form: 3
    • Detail: 2
    • Overall: 2
    Comments: Far too many exposed systems, minimum hull, and monotone the overall shape is unique and could be amazing with more detail applied in the right areas.

Loadout
    • Color: 2.5
    • Detail: 3.5
    • Overall: 3
    Comments: Interesting variety of shapes, but extremely busy. Colors are good overall but clash with the exposed system blocks. Detail is good, but detracts from the form.

Lone_Puppy
    • Color: 3
    • Form: 4.5
    • Detail: 4.5
    • Overall: 4
    Comments: Simple shape but great overall design, the colors are limited, but fit the design extremely well. The subtle details really bring a sense of completion to the shape but make it a bit too uniform in overall profile.

LordGraftin
    • Color: 5
    • Form: 4.5
    • Detail: 5
    • Overall: 4.8
    Comments: Wonderful and balanced use of colors and lighting. The ship has an interesting shape but starts to fall into the “cube with bits on” category when looking at it from most angles. Details help to break up the semi-generic shape and lend themselves well to the design and location of functional systems.

Napther
    • Color: 3.5
    • Form: 2
    • Overall: 2.7
    Comments: The “lead” ship really pulled this together and they work well as a group. Colors are pleasing and complimentary. The drones in the rest of the formation are very basic and overly simplified and detract from the overall grouping. Details on the lead ship are of a high functional quality but it does not show on all the drones.

Sgtwisky
    • Color: 2.5
    • Form: 2.5
    Comments: Clearly protoss coloring, and good use of form to illustrate role but not much else. Details are sparse but the existing ones aren’t bad.

StormWing0
    • Detail: 2
    • Overall: 2
    Comments: Very monochromatic with exposed systems scattered about the surface in places that do not contribute to the overall scheme. The shapes are interesting but flat on the vertical axis. Details are present, but could have been drastically improved by relocating systems.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm some of those exposed systems are kinda hard to relocate given the size of the Drones. That and I had mass limits to work with. XD The only issue is where to relocate the systems too. o_O

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    hmm some of those exposed systems are kinda hard to relocate given the size of the Drones. That and I had mass limits to work with. XD The only issue is where to relocate the systems too. o_O
    dun worry about this man we are going to have fun with the drones anyway ; )