Display module variables should get copied over as text

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Display module variables are really fun to use, but without there being a way to actually compare, alter or read the values they display, they remain tiny numbers on a display, and nothing more. There is a whole treasure trove of logic devices that can use these values to do amazing things (imagine in-game galaxy maps and reactorhp animations). (Some of this is possible using sensors, but poorly)

While I'm sure there is a good reason they behave more like pointers (performance?), I don't think copying them over to another display as actual text should be a problem because copying rate is only as fast as the fastest clocks in-game, which is 2Hz (without hackx).

Eg: You have Display Module A with [sector]. You place a button next to it and slave another Display module B to it. When you activate the button, instead of copying over [sector] into the second display, it copies the actual sector in text (55 -10 17 or whatever is the sector at the time of copying over)

Last edited:

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It would be nice if we could do something like have a sensor check if a display module is less than a certain value

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, I've requested the use of the values in display block variables before. I hope it does eventually become available.
    As you mentioned, logic systems is where the variable values would become useful.