Implemented Display Module change with Logic Signal

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Plain and simple ... the same way as the rail system lets you change the orientation with a logic signal, I would like that were to be implemented, the possibility of having a display with a predefined text attached to a logical button (or other logical block) can change other display text.

This would give us a lot of play for the future changes in role play, have in one place and on a single display all the information you want, imagine on a station or ship, see the status of different things instead of having 100 displays, one for each thing, or to put in the spawn of any server, with one single button to navigate between different server rules using 1 single screen (or group of them)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Yes. We need something like this. It would make the display block a lot more intuitive.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I support the ideas put forth thus far in this thread. Would be a really nice addition.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Plain and simple ... the same way as the rail system lets you change the orientation with a logic signal, I would like that were to be implemented, the possibility of having a display with a predefined text attached to a logical button (or other logical block) can change other display text.

This would give us a lot of play for the future changes in role play, have in one place and on a single display all the information you want, imagine on a station or ship, see the status of different things instead of having 100 displays, one for each thing, or to put in the spawn of any server, with one single button to navigate between different server rules using 1 single screen (or group of them)
    I like this idea. I'd have automated welcome messages in my airlock when it toggled. :)

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I like this idea. I'd have automated welcome messages in my airlock when it toggled.
    yes, that could be a good use of this system, it could also serve to create "adventures inside of abandoned stations / ships" or server events, and depending on the decisions that players randomize display messages

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    This is the second time the council brought essentially the same suggestions to me. It sounds pretty neat I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility. It could really add to the personalization and roleplay elements of builds! I will make sure the other team members hear about this.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    The game every day is getting much better with regard to fleet management, power generation, shields and other aspects, but certain blocks I think that at this point, need if not a change, a improved and the block display is one of them.

Could also be put in the edit mode of the block display, on one side, the information on how to change the text color, because otherwise, the player must seek out the game in google the codes for this purpose, or failing that, add the option of having a button to change the text color.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I really want this feature so I can easily display what floor my elevators are on without having to have a light for every floor!