DISCONTINUED

Making Credits have value in game, make the following items restocked only at spawn

• Jump-Comp, Scan-Comp, Cloak, Radar; ; not craftable 50k each

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Hey it's your money not mine. I'm sure someone will go ohh its in alpha but let's be honest a single java program using 32GB of ram sub hundreds of players is pathetic.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Might have been some serious optimization issues at that point in time. Just curious, do you remember the average amount of players when it ate that much?
    I don't remember the average player count on that server, never did play on it that much.

Hey it's your money not mine. I'm sure someone will go ohh its in alpha but let's be honest a single java program using 32GB of ram sub hundreds of players is pathetic.
    Well, it IS java, I'm honestly not surprised for the most broken language out there. >_>

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If java is using that much ram idek anymore. Last time I ran a starmade server we rocked 80 players and used 6GB of ram. If starmade went full retard from there servers are doomed to fail.
    wow, what was the name of your server that had 80 players?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Java is actually a very amazing language and one of the most popular in the world. Unfortunately it's very easy to make it eat resources faster than you give it more. It can be managed though.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455935134,1455934769][/DOUBLEPOST]It was many years ago. Back when yogscast did their video on it. It was a fun experience because the instant it hit 100 players it would crash instantly everytime. But the ram and cpu usage was very manageable and it's hard to believe it got worse. Back then if a ship farted on a planet the server would crash. 2 ships got near each other the lag train was real so starmade has come leaps and bounds since then. I'm curious as to what is even stored in the ram to make it use such an amount.

EDIT: The server was called mpnetwork might be able to find posts about it in the database somewhere. We actually did some really toxic stuff to starmade. For example we find a huge bug of whenever starmade received a player connect with no data it would hang the entire server for 10 seconds. So we made a bot that just spammed connections using starmade and effectively took everyother server offline. We of course told schema soon as we found it but abused the hell out of so it got fixed faster.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Java will happily eat up all that ram if you let it at any rate
    Nice server, had fun testing things out there, will be happy to continue and see some survival pvp happen

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    EE ended up running on a server with 256GB of memory and 1TB of SSDs, our average memory usage was 40GB at the end.

Honestly, I think at this point I'm qualified to do devops for the kind of spaghetti code that is made by the financial sector all thanks to starmade.

Reactions: BDLS
    Reaction score
    Server Update:
    Elwyn Infinity (Faction Conquest Server)
    grand opening of the Inaugural Faction Round is OFFICIALLY being set for Saturday March 12th.

March 6-11 server will be closed for final changes and updates. Any changes or corrections to rules will be posted during that time also.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Maybe spamming your servers updates across the faction forums isn't the best way of going about things.

Reaction score
    Actually to the 2 factions that got annoyed you are right. I messed up and accidentally posted in non-PvP factions threads I think. To the rest the posting initially brought up some interest and I was just giving an update.

So to Aethi and Trinova Technologies my apologies for interrupting your threads.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Actually to the 2 factions that got annoyed you are right. I messed up and accidentally posted in non-PvP factions threads I think. To the rest the posting initially brought up some interest and I was just giving an update.

So to Aethi and Trinova Technologies my apologies for interrupting your threads.
    I'm pretty sure Trinova and Aethi both do PvP sometimes and just don't want to disrupting their threads.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I think they were just annoyed that it was posted in so many threads including their own, but theit proper course of action is to delete spam posts not to complain about them I think. Just delete it and move on, with a subtle message being sent to the poster that the spam was unwanted.