Disabling Systems after HP % is Pointless, PART TWO!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That's a funny word to use for something that, if true, would be admin abuse.

Arguing with admins isn't a war.
    It wasn't just a war in Starmade. It was also a war within MushroomFleet. I didn't know this until after the Starmade side of it had basically ended, but the 'war; turned up a lot of dirt on the Imperium crew and they left because of it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Dirt from Mushroom Fleet doesn't amount to much around here, or it would be a known conflict.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Dirt from Mushroom Fleet doesn't amount to much around here, or it would be a known conflict.
    Last time I checked, dirt from anywhere matters. They have a reputation that few veterans outside the fleet believe because they like them. Also because quite a few of those veterans have similar reputations.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435030168,1435030091][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That's a funny word to use for something that, if true, would be admin abuse.

Arguing with admins isn't a war.
    I'm not sure what your referencing with the admin part - it was a war between an admin-led faction and a player-led faction. It wasn't two admin camps throwing delete and /kill commands around. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well in that case the dirt on Mushroom Fleet also matters, I am sure you don't want it to.

Even though pretty much no one cares, I am just here for the laughs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Read page 1 to understand the discussion at hand. Skip to page 5 to observe the current hot buttons on the situation before reading prior pages. Before being able to read prior pages, see that all of page 5 seems to be it's own, much separate, hot button issue. Return to first line of page one:

".... Next time can we please keep it on topic."
    Well, it was worth a shot I guess. Nice try. Might I suggest, however, maybe making separate threads for separate topics?

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Read page 1 to understand the discussion at hand. Skip to page 5 to observe the current hot buttons on the situation before reading prior pages. Before being able to read prior pages, see that all of page 5 seems to be it's own, much separate, hot button issue. Return to first line of page one:

Well, it was worth a shot I guess. Nice try. Might I suggest, however, maybe making separate threads for separate topics?
    Sure. I'd like to ask for folks to return to the topic at hand or just not post.

Thanks!

(me included)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Then I ask that you not mention boarding ever again unless its the start of a new topic.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This seems like an inflammatory way of saying that you don't like systems failing due to general damage before overheat.

While I don't know if it affects other systems than shields and thrust (which are along with weapon slave and effect the most resilient systems as it's jst block count), I can see the reasoning behind it. Causing large amounts of damage to a complex system is going to disrupt the system even in areas that are seemingly unharmed.

After all, even a modular and highly redunant system that is calibrated to function as a whole suffers when parts of it get blown to bits. Reactor system taking damage at least causes issues to shield and thrust systems through proxy, but in general that resilience has annoyed me greatly.

If it hurts reactors, capacitors and main weapons which get seriously impaired already when cut to bits, I don't like it. Anyway, if it's really just 5% away from overheat that these happen, I don't see the point - why bother shutting them down when the ship is just a couple of seconds away from completely disabled?

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well after further play testing, I don't really see the new HP system as a problem.
    I can understand how homogenous ship designs can face serious issues, but its up to them if they want to keep to their outdated designs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    In my playing yesterday (first time since the night of the update) I noticed that the time between when systems shut down and when the core overheats is crucial. In a fighter, you're pretty much destroyed, but a capital can reverse the phase. I'm talking about how I reoriented my ship to bring turrets/operational weapons to bear and actually finished off the remaining two 3k mass pirate ships. I admit, a player vs an AI is not absolute proof, but the fact a 8k mass specialized defensive cruiser took out 6-3k pirates with major damage to it just excites me, as it shows that with this update, varying ship sizes now has viability. And bigger ships are still better, but not as much so, which is true IRL.

To clarify the battle, I spawned six 3k arc pirates on sp-vanilla settings. I was piloting a test ship I have- no decorational things aboard. Both the pirates and I had 30k shields, but my shields regened faster. My total DPS is 62k if all shots hit, however it averages 28-36k. Their DPS is around 16-20k and they are 1:1 thrust now. My thrust is .75/1. When I say a smaller ship can take on slightly bigger one I'm saying their combined mass is 12k while mine was 8k. Schema impliedthat eventually turrets will be able to fire upon individual systems, so that makes me think that the systems will only fail if critically damaged in the future. http://starmadedock.net/threads/sta...re-fun-into-battles-also-boarding.8139/page-5

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    Mered4 has been aggressive, but he hasn't been rude (except to Bench, I think a line may have been crossed there). Some of you guys are flying off the handle just because he has a dissenting opinion.

The last thing you want is for the forum to become an echo chamber.

I still think degrading system performance is valid for large ships, particularly capital sized ships. If a large ship only needs to lose 15-20% of its block count to overheat, you probably won't see too much system damage before the ship expires.

Shadowulf, 8k mass is not exactly a capital. People are building ridiculously large combat ships, even on more survival oriented servers. Heck, look at NuclearFun's latest ship release. It's a "light cruiser" and comes in at 12k mass

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Mered4 has been aggressive, but he hasn't been rude (except to Bench, I think a line may have been crossed there). Some of you guys are flying off the handle just because he has a dissenting opinion.

I still think degrading system performance is valid for large ships, particularly capital sized ships. If a large ship only needs to lose 15-20% of its block count to overheat, you probably won't see too much system damage before the ship expires.

Shadowulf, 8k mass is not exactly a capital. People are building ridiculously large combat ships, even on more survival oriented servers. Heck, look at NuclearFun's latest ship release. It's a "light cruiser" and comes in at 12k mass
    I did not say MY ship was a capital. I said it was a specialized defensive cruiser. A ship of larger mass, 20k plus could rotate away damaged areas and bring to bear undamaged armor/systems. It brings a whole new dinamic to consider in ship battles, and will definitely make us think on how to structure our ships in the future.. My opinion has changed in that this system seems to be OK, with the exception of repairing the ship after the battle

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My opinion has changed in that this system seems to be OK, with the exception of repairing the ship after the battle
    For that i think that a rework of the astrotech beams would be a good start.
    But that's talk for another topic.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

And this is why I am the only person in the MushroomFleet community who still has some hope for Starmadedock. Everyone else is done with the trolling and the BS. At least at the Fleet, I can express my opinion without being laughed at. We actually have discussions on issues there, instead of lambasting people we don't agree with.
    This seems like an inflammatory way of saying that you don't like systems failing due to general damage before overheat.
    It's not. Read the thread - I listed the logical reasons this feature is pointless and should be removed from the game. It's not about me liking it or not. Schema couldn't care less. I'm here to make a logical case for its removal. The post had humor in it because it was such an obvious conclusion (at least for myself and a few others I've spoken with at the Fleet). Knowing I would probably be shot down by the buddy squad, I came here. And voila! The buddy squad decided to shut me down.

Very predictable. It's why Starmadedock's numbers continue to fall, and it's why more and more people are leaving the game. No one wants to deal with this BS.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Very predictable. It's why Starmadedock's numbers continue to fall, and it's why more and more people are leaving the game. No one wants to deal with this BS.
    W-what?

Like, wat? A: I'm genuinely confused that you seem to think people are jumping on you like this partially because you're part of MF. B: People having a different opinion is fine. It's just that people seem to disagree in a rather extreme manner. Also apparently both MF peeps and SMD peeps seem to think the other is being aggressive and unreasonable. E-excuse me what?

Note this is not just aimed at you (doesn't mean it also counts for you, it does, mind you), but you people should just wake up and try to keep discussions somewhat reasonable by realizing you're both the cause of all the bullshiet. Is not getting ya anywhere.

P.S. why does everyone hate eachother just because one guy got kicked out of a council lol

Reactions: Lecic and Comr4de

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    W-what?

Like, wat? A: I'm genuinely confused that you seem to think people are jumping on you like this partially because you're part of MF. B: People having a different opinion is fine. It's just that people seem to disagree in a rather extreme manner. Also apparently both MF peeps and SMD peeps seem to think the other is being aggressive and unreasonable. E-excuse me what?

Note this is not just aimed at you (doesn't mean it also counts for you, it does, mind you), but you people should just wake up and try to keep discussions somewhat reasonable by realizing you're both the cause of all the bullshiet. Is not getting ya anywhere.

P.S. why does everyone hate eachother just because one guy got kicked out of a council lol
    I'm not hating because someone got kicked out of the Council. That was petty.
    I'm making sure everyone who isn't a part of the buddy squad sees the BS and stays away from it. We don't hate at MFleet. At all. It's not our way.

"I'm genuinely confused that you seem to think people are jumping on you like this partially because you're part of MF."

Do I need to go back through JUST THIS THREAD and show you where they are trolling me because I was a part of MFleet? They said as much!

"It's just that people seem to disagree in a rather extreme manner."

What does this mean? How do you define extreme? Why does it matter? It's a disagreement. You don't beat someone up for disagreeing with you. That's called bullying.

comr4de said:
    "I've been staying out of these threads but this is it for me lol

you're fuckin paranoid, if you were being "shut down" the thread would've been deleted long ago.

perhaps you should consider not being a dick to people or dragging irrelevant drama into the fray, if you read the first you'd notice that the topic was going fine until you started attacking schine for their game design choices

I also don't know what alternate reality you live in in which removing a feature makes another one magically appear? Like, the system is here. If you don't like it disable it. Removing the feature isn't going to make fleet control magically appear in the game lol"

I don't argue with trolls. They drag people down to their level and beat you with experience. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435162432,1435162180][/DOUBLEPOST]For the last time:

If you don't have anything to say about the topic of this thread, don't say anything.

If you do, but it isn't a logical or factual argument, don't say anything.

It's really that simple. Let's try to get this back on topic, folks.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Clearly, having a differing opinion makes you a "troll" now.

Nice try on trying to change the definition.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Clearly, having a differing opinion makes you a "troll" now.

Nice try on trying to change the definition.
    Yes, I did notice that some of the folks thought this thread was troll because it disagreed with them. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.