Different coloured Crystals? Pointless!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    You\'re missing the point of these being intergrated into world gen.

Reaction score
    Wrong. I called more Plexlight colours.

*Edit: And if I have this much influence in how the game goes, then I call bismouth to be added.

Reaction score
    Consider it cleared up. Apologies for overeacting, I didn\'t mean for it to be harsh.

If you\'re doing corner and wedge crystals then terrain wedges would be great too. But +1 for bismouth-type block.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like ice crystals. If you have factions (Earth peoples vs Mars peoples) or like in Warhammer40k or just Aliens instead of Pirates or peoples who like it more rebelish, it is good for the game.

But I still think there should be something done to un-clutter the inventory - and the shop btw.

Reaction score
    Sure. they\'re nice. Sure, we\'ll have more crystal types to collect.

It\'s a very, very, very little thing. And since it\'s color related, I thought I\'d point out how you\'re going in the wrong direction.

We don\'t need more preset colors, we need customizability.

Reaction score
    Regarding rimless lights:

+1

Either additional blocks or some sort of auto tiling/rim generation when (not) adjacent to other, (same?) colored blocks. Big, glowing surfaces, mmhh :)

Regarding more different light/crystal colors:

+1

Either different blocks, or very complicated and ressource-munching via 8bit RGB-slider bars PER BLOCK (plexlights/beacons only) (omg -1)

Regarding wedged lights/chrystals:

+1

Uhm, i must say, I don\'t actually know the max block types limit but it would be ultimatively cool to be able to make a dark ship with glowing diagonals and fancy decoration instead of just cubes and heavily rasterized \"stuff\". To flash/impress/show off epeen to other players with pure shiny glowy alieny appearance. Omnivalid, Omniapplicable :D

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    This is not giving you a red (or other) version of the ice crystal texture, but a completely new set of crystal textures, each one unique. Each spawning in a different location with different glow effects.

These are new block ID\'s.

As for RGB sliders on block colours, i have no idea what schema plans to do in the future. But i can tell you that this is in no way planned to combat that. So i will say once more, it\'s a moot point.

This is adding more unique blocks to planets and player ships.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    But I still think there should be something done to un-clutter the inventory - and the shop btw.

I\'m pretty sure this has been adressed in the forums by Cal\'. There is a plan to tackle this.

Reaction score
    More blocks (especially with unique textures) makes for greater diversity in ship design and creativity which is akey part of starmades core gameplay mechanics. I heartily support anything that adds to it.

On the comment of customizability instead of new colors: theres already custom block configs with the ability to change/add any texture/light color you like. This can be found in the starmade starter under modding/block editor, although i find it easier to do it manually via the starmade\\data\\config\\BlockConfig.xml file.

Keep up the good work guys :)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    although i find it easier to do it manually via the starmade\\data\\config\\BlockConfig.xml file.

Yes, I even thought about making a bulk editor :)

Search&replace a property in all \"hull\" with/not \"hardened\" + 1/2 hp/cost for wedges, etc. But I think I will wait until the next release anyway. Dunno what will change till then. I better focus on my current ideas.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Think of how people will finally be able to customize their engine exhaust colors, cannon barrel colors, interior lighting, and more. Everyone\'s been using blue, and now we\'ll get more variety. This change is an expansion in creativity, which many, myself included, have wanted for quite a while.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Not a problem. I\'m quite fond of bismuth too. ;)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Usually people want borderless glow elements for their ships... Currently we just have orange and light blue. These new crystals will be great for warp nacelles, thrusters, and pretty much everything else large-scale that people want to glow.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Pointless? You may as well say that different coloured hull is pointless.

Reaction score
    I can see where working on something like this and not the core game mechanics may upset you, but I reaaly would prefer black and red over black and blue any day.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That\'s some real heavy stuff right there ridik. Just a bit more than lead.