Developer Q&A - October 2014

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    When will the interfaces of the modding API be deobfuscated?(they are there, but obfuscated)
    When will some classes only used for storing stuff(e.g. Vector3i) be deobfuscated?
    Will some kind of network protocol definition be released?
    Agreed, a hundred times over. In the meantime, though, I'd like some halfway-decent documentation for the conversation system and what it can do... And maybe some more hooks to things like spawning mobs, displaying a list of blueprints or the stats of an entity, or loading blueprints... etc.

Reaction score
    What news is there on personal objects?
    Will there the personal mining laser ever be turned into an object?
    Will there be more work on planet survival?
    Can we get transport pads? Basicaly a ship system that teleports you to the nearest block directly below you (with limits on distance of course) and pressing a button transports you back to that ship's pad. Please please please! It would solve buggy ship landings on planets when trying to explore.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Will there the personal mining laser ever be turned into an object?
    Doubtful, as it currently allows players to start from scratch.
    Will there be more work on planet survival?
    We are going to get NPC factions that will most likely also spawn on factions. It should be enough to promote single player and planet survival (I assume you mean with just using the crafting system).

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Agreed, a hundred times over. In the meantime, though, I'd like some halfway-decent documentation for the conversation system and what it can do... And maybe some more hooks to things like spawning mobs, displaying a list of blueprints or the stats of an entity, or loading blueprints... etc.
    I might try to provide this.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh, another question... Will Yholes be given actual significance?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can we do stuff with rock, lava and other useless cap we mine?? I don't need 5mil red rock.. recycle bin plz.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    AFAIK there is an item called recycler in the game, it just does nothing ATM.
    Yeah, because originally it could turn any block into a core. Not very balanced; was scrapped. :p

IMO it should be possible to turn the massive piles of terrain blocks into smaller amounts of pure "cubatomic rocks" (Tekt, Dolom and the like) somehow. Even if it's a 100:1 ratio.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Yeah, because originally it could turn any block into a core. Not very balanced; was scrapped. :p
    It wasn't finished and thus just set the ID of items to 1. However, what if it would turn anyting put inside to scrap?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have two questions:

1. It seems that planets have not undergone any change in a while. Is there currently a plan for the future of planets and if so can you share any of that with us? Specifically I'm curious as to how (or if) you plan to use some of the new features to tie them to the core gameplay.

2. How far are you currently planning to go with the NPCs in StarMade? Are they just going to be bad guys and meat shields, or will we see things like neutral NPCs living on stations and maybe even natives on planets?

Reaction score
    Oh, another question... Will Yholes be given actual significance?
    maybe can we have some special effects after eat yhole? like the view will be twisted or something else, let me just do a quick photoshop

Last edited:
    Reactions: Snk

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Are jetpack kittens planed? That's all I need really.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Terribly sorry, folks! We try to get these out every 15th but this week has been very busy for both Azurite and myself. Hopefully we can get everything sorted out by this Sunday.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh, for a more serious question, will the thruster update come with the new shipyards?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Why wasn't it possible to fix this bug with keeping the 1:1:1 ratio? A 1:2:1 ratio is unintuitive (and psychologically destabilizes certain players, who have to refit all their titans).

Edit: Deprecated, please ignore.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Why wasn't it possible to fix this bug with keeping the 1:1:1 ratio? A 1:2:1 ratio is unintuitive (and psychologically destabilizes certain players, who have to refit all their titans).
    It's not so much 1:2:1 as Primary + Effect = Secondary. Total module count is still the same as before.

It's not schema's fault if people don't structure their ships in a way that makes refits easy. It should be expected to need refits at this stage in the game.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It's not so much 1:2:1 as Primary + Effect = Secondary. Total module count is still the same as before.

It's not schema's fault if people don't structure their ships in a way that makes refits easy. It should be expected to need refits at this stage in the game.
    Well, it's back to 1:1:1 again.