Developer Q&A - October 2014

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    1) Will we be getting logic across docked entities?
    2) Will there be a way to get a station other than using credits?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    1. Now that the universe is nearing completion, what's the next priority? AI refinement, NPCs, and quests? Better economy? Shipyards (what I'm hoping for)? All of the above?
    2. Whatever happened to the particle system? The effect update sounded like it would be the best part of the weapons update... Meanwhile, more than half a year later we still don't have anything besides the default ugly beams and cannon rounds that look like pills. I'm loving the universe updates and would much rather have these and the old weapon effects than just pretty effects and the boring grid universe and bad map from before, but I still can't help but be curious.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    3) Will there be a FP bonuses for being in more than one galaxy? The current system is fine, but it might be interesting for singleplayer.
    4) Will turning be changed? And if so, how? If it gets changed, will it have turning acceleration that can be increased by assigning more thrust?

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    1) Will we be getting logic across docked entities?
    2) Will there be a way to get a station other than using credits?
    What about tools for folks to spawn Stations in without being an admin? That would be nice.....

Reaction score
    1: will planets be getting some kind of mining nerf? now with the new faction system and mining bonuses, this makes planets even vaster fountains of resources.

2: worm holes have already been added :) , but will the rest of the confirmed stellar phenomena (black holes, nebulas, gas giants, comets, ECT) be part of this universe update? or will that come further down the line? ditto for planet revamp. (FYI black holes, arent worm holes)

3: will there be something special/unique in the galactic center? maybe something spanning multiple systems? (like super massive black holes :D ) or even a mega pirate/alien super base.

4: will diffrent locations in a galaxy (near central bulge VS outer arms) have diffrent distinctive features? or will all star systems be more or less the same regardless of location in a galaxy?

5: will there be smaller globular clusters "orbiting" or around galaxies? ditto for "rouge stars" and planets (stars/planets ejected from their host galaxies that reside in the intergalactic voids)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    @OdraNoel , apparently sector sizes are going to 5000. The amount of planets also is limited to to about 5 per system. This makes asteroids, combined with the x6 mining bonus and the likely increase in asteroids per sector, the way easier method of getting resources. Well that and you'll be able to respawn asteroids too (using FP).

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    2: worm holes have already been added :) , but will the rest of the confirmed stellar phenomena (black holes, nebulas, gas giants, comets, ECT) be part of this universe update? or will that come further down the line? ditto for planet revamp. (FYI black holes, arent worm holes)
    Black holes were in the game once, and the code still is in the jar, just not used. There should be a way to reactivate it ;)

Reaction score
    you'll be able to respawn asteroids too.
    how would that work? where do you get all your info from? you always seem to be a step ahead in terms of info... xD

and thanks for all your usful info my friendly neighborhood fluffy bunny :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    how would that work? where do you get all your info from? you always seem to be a step ahead in terms of info... xD

and thanks for all your usful info my friendly neighborhood fluffy bunny :)
    That was in the recent dev news, which have been up for a week or two.

Reaction score
    That was in the recent dev news, which have been up for a week or two.
    ahh your right, just re-read it. guess i was so excited when i read it i didnt register that little tid bit. thx

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    And I thought we weren't going to have enough questions to work with. Pah, you guys prove me wrong once again. Keep it up!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Question: Is the default (terrible) AI accuracy setting ever going to get changed? Alternatively, is ship AI accuracy and turret accuracy ever going to get separated into two setting? Do you know that mini turret can't hit the broadside of a titan floating 25 meters away with the default accuracy setting?

(Don't take this too seriously. However, I wasn't joking with the last question)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    3). Will pirate and trader ships soon get separated? And will there be a contest to decide what the new defaults will be?

Reactions: Megacrafter127

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    1. Will the FTL mechanics ever change to be one long sustained jump, instead of several small ones?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Are there any more tertiary effects planned? And whatever happened to the Grab tertiary, which would have allowed us to create tractor beams and throw fighters around like paper airplanes?

Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    When will the interfaces of the modding API be deobfuscated?(they are there, but obfuscated)
    When will some classes only used for storing stuff(e.g. Vector3i) be deobfuscated?
    Will some kind of network protocol definition be released?