Devblog 13th September 2017 (Power Stream!)

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Greetings Citizens,

Over the past few months, we at Schine have been planning, documenting, discussing and developing a new power system. After a lot of work, we’re now ready for the first public showcase, live on our Twitch stream @ Thursday 4 PM EDT, September 14th (8 PM UTC). You can catch us on Twitch here. We’ll be putting stream highlights on our YouTube channel, and a complete overview of the new power system will be posted soon after.

EDIT: Stream highlights (power overhaul dev blog currently being worked on :) )

We’re not able to set a date for the first dev build just yet, but we are working to get it out as soon as possible.

There’s still a bit of work left with GUI, textures, general stability, configuration, and balancing. In the last week, kupu has been working on some awesome new textures for power blocks, and Lancake is tweaking power details.

Other than power, planning is going on behind the scenes for the universe update. We’re still in the planning process, but aim to begin working on the weapons update (first stage of universe overhaul) directly after power.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

~ The Schine Team

Last edited:

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Totally didn't read the title and think the stream was actually streamed earlier today, and that Thursday was also a miscommunication. = P
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Yay! Soon we can start builds without the fear of our power systems being phased out! Soon....

Reactions: Neon_42

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol technically the old docking blocks are still in the game just not able to be accessed. :) That said it gives some of us a nice idea what we're in for and how things need to change to function.

Reaction score
    without the fear of our power systems being phased out!
    [nervous chuckling]
    I wouldn't be that optimistic if I were you. Especially with a new system that's more prone to change than a newborn's skull.

Reaction score
    Man I used to play now I have came back and they are gonna change everything I know. Power, Weapons, etc. I guess I'm gonna have to hope it all works out. All hail Schine.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    The game is still in development. Granted that has been for, what four or five years now? Any way changes are to be expected and the community has been asking for them. Trying to make a game like this balanced, and still keep most of your player base happy cant be easy.

I for one am happy to see a new power system. And I am excited for a new weapons system, although I am not looking forward to the over hall of all my turret designs.

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Other than power, planning is going on behind the scenes for the universe update. We’re still in the planning process, but aim to begin working on the weapons update (first stage of universe overhaul) directly after power.
    On this note, a request - please either A) remove Pulse, or B) make it less awkward to use as a standalone weapons system. If you don't want to remove it, because nukes, maybe make it into an 'Overload' system that supercharges the attached system instead. That way missiles + overcharge would remain nukes, and we could get some very interesting outcomes from other weapons.

#DeletePulse
    #AddTheOverload
    #MakeWeaponsGreatAgain

Reaction score
    just wondering are they going to remove or lock out the power and shield blocks or change there status to decorative

Reaction score
    Finally! =)

So what time is edt in Berlin time? Is 4 pm edt 10 pm in germany? And how do I change utc to german time? plus 2 hours?

Thingie

Professional Lurker
    Reaction score
    Finally! =)

So what time is edt in Berlin time? Is 4 pm edt 10 pm in germany? And how do I change utc to german time? plus 2 hours?
    10:00 pm Thursday, in Berlin, Germany

Reaction score
    Greetings Citizens,

Over the past few months, we at Schine have been planning, documenting, discussing and developing a new power system. After a lot of work, we’re now ready for the first public showcase, live on our Twitch stream @ Thursday 4 PM EDT, September 14th (8 PM UTC). You can catch us on Twitch here. We’ll be putting stream highlights on our YouTube channel, and a complete overview of the new power system will be posted soon after.

We’re not able to set a date for the first dev build just yet, but we are working to get it out as soon as possible.

There’s still a bit of work left with GUI, textures, general stability, configuration, and balancing. In the last week, kupu has been working on some awesome new textures for power blocks, and Lancake is tweaking power details.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

~ The Schine Team
    5 hours left, looking forward to tonight! :X3:

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    So we are getting weapons changes? Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder what you guys are going to roll out with that planet update you were teasing us with.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Yay! Soon we can start builds without the fear of our power systems being phased out! Soon....
    Only to live in fear of the weapon system being phased out immediately afterwards \o/ /j