1. Hey Guest! We're currently translating StarMade. Anyone can translate, if you can, feel free to!
      Dismiss Notice
    2. Hey Guest! We're currently looking for new forum administrators. If this interests you, head over to this thread.
      Dismiss Notice
    3. Interested in helping moderate SMD? We're currently looking for moderators, check out this thread.
      Dismiss Notice

Devblog 13th September 2017 (Power Stream!)

Discussion in 'Game News' started by DukeofRealms, Sep 14, 2017.

1. DukeofRealms

DukeofRealms Count Duku

Greetings Citizens,

Over the past few months, we at Schine have been planning, documenting, discussing and developing a new power system. After a lot of work, we’re now ready for the first public showcase, live on our Twitch stream @ Thursday 4 PM EDT, September 14th (8 PM UTC). You can catch us on Twitch here. We’ll be putting stream highlights on our YouTube channel, and a complete overview of the new power system will be posted soon after.

EDIT: Stream highlights (power overhaul dev blog currently being worked on :) )

We’re not able to set a date for the first dev build just yet, but we are working to get it out as soon as possible.

There’s still a bit of work left with GUI, textures, general stability, configuration, and balancing. In the last week, kupukupu has been working on some awesome new textures for power blocks, and LancakeLancake is tweaking power details.

Other than power, planning is going on behind the scenes for the universe update. We’re still in the planning process, but aim to begin working on the weapons update (first stage of universe overhaul) directly after power.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

~ The Schine Team

#1 DukeofRealms, Sep 14, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
      • Like Like x 22
      • Friendly Friendly x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. RedAlert_007

RedAlert_007 Formerly known as AltAlert, man of many alts!
      Community Mentor

Thank fuck for that, I for one do I wish to be forced to watch a 2 hour stream for 5 minutes of information.

• Funny Funny x 6
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    3. kiddan

Totally didn't read the title and think the stream was actually streamed earlier today, and that Thursday was also a miscommunication. = P
      Thanks for the heads-up!

4. psteiner

Yay! Soon we can start builds without the fear of our power systems being phased out! Soon....

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. StormWing0

StormWing0 Leads the Storm

lol technically the old docking blocks are still in the game just not able to be accessed. :) That said it gives some of us a nice idea what we're in for and how things need to change to function.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Cluwne

[nervous chuckling]
      I wouldn't be that optimistic if I were you. Especially with a new system that's more prone to change than a newborn's skull.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. Liberatorcraft

Man I used to play now I have came back and they are gonna change everything I know. Power, Weapons, etc. I guess I'm gonna have to hope it all works out. All hail Schine.

8. Spartan-228

The game is still in development. Granted that has been for, what four or five years now? Any way changes are to be expected and the community has been asking for them. Trying to make a game like this balanced, and still keep most of your player base happy cant be easy.

I for one am happy to see a new power system. And I am excited for a new weapons system, although I am not looking forward to the over hall of all my turret designs.

• Agree Agree x 7
    9. RedAlert_007

RedAlert_007 Formerly known as AltAlert, man of many alts!
      Community Mentor

More than 6 years

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    10. JumpSuit

JumpSuit Lost-Legacy Director

To be honest ever since the time of 2010... Schema has been working on the game engine for this game for far longer than the birth of the game became a thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Asvarduil

Asvarduil Builder of Very Small Ships

On this note, a request - please either A) remove Pulse, or B) make it less awkward to use as a standalone weapons system. If you don't want to remove it, because nukes, maybe make it into an 'Overload' system that supercharges the attached system instead. That way missiles + overcharge would remain nukes, and we could get some very interesting outcomes from other weapons.

#DeletePulse
      #AddTheOverload
      #MakeWeaponsGreatAgain

12. wraitheart

just wondering are they going to remove or lock out the power and shield blocks or change there status to decorative

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    13. kikaha

Going to keep it alongside the new system to start with.

14. JinM

Finally! =)

So what time is edt in Berlin time? Is 4 pm edt 10 pm in germany? And how do I change utc to german time? plus 2 hours?

15. Thingie

Thingie Professional Lurker

10:00 pm Thursday, in Berlin, Germany

16. Zyrr

Zyrr Chronic Troublemaker

"weapons update and universe update"

[​IMG]

in all seriousness though, cool

• Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    17. silverfoe

5 hours left, looking forward to tonight! :X3:

18. MeRobo

During summer it's utc+2, winter utc+1

19. Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis

So we are getting weapons changes? Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder what you guys are going to roll out with that planet update you were teasing us with.

20. AtraUnam

AtraUnam Maiden of crashes
      Community Mentor

Only to live in fear of the weapon system being phased out immediately afterwards \o/ /j

• Agree Agree x 1