Dev Blog : October 20th 2015

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    also is there going to be some kind of cap or balancing measure for the amount of NPCs we're allowed to have? since there going to be really powerful whats to stop a single player from amassing hundreds or thousands of NPCs?

my idea would be to add a credit salary for NPCs that automatically deducts from the player's funds or the faction treasury (something else that needs to be added) every faction turn. Not many mercenaries work for food to my knowledge so it would make sense that NPCs should cost credits to maintain their employment. And if you run out of money it lowers their morale and makes them more likely to mutiny.

Reactions: Bench
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Question- have you read the other news post that covers how boarding through transporters will work? Because that addresses your problem of people being able to easily warp right into your command area.
    Not yet, don't really get on the forums much. I'll have to take a look at it

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    also is there going to be some kind of cap or balancing measure for the amount of NPCs we're allowed to have? since there going to be really powerful whats to stop a single player from amassing hundreds or thousands of NPCs?

my idea would be to add a credit salary for NPCs that automatically deducts from the player's funds or the faction treasury (something else that needs to be added) every faction turn. Not many mercenaries work for food to my knowledge so it would make sense that NPCs should cost credits to maintain their employment. And if you run out of money it lowers their morale and makes them more likely to mutiny.
    Afaik NPCs are planned to be a credit sink, yes. Technically you're hiring them, not buying them off as slaves :P