Read by Schine Design mode for the upcoming shipyard update

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I got a question regarding the potential for multiple Design Computers...
    So would multiple people be able to use one Design Computer at once? If so, would they both work on separate projects, or collectively work on the same one? And if you had multiple Design Computers, would they use separate projects then or share projects? Perhaps some form of opening ability, to open a project to either a specific other computer or a specific other player, so that you could both work on it at the same time.
    1 computer = 1 project

You can perhaps connect design computers, with the master computer's project being every computer's same project.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I approve both shipyards and not being able to build ships on the go, but one thing I'd like to keep: being able to work with full advanced build mode while docked on a station, because it lets your buddies see your ship and come give advice throuht their own build mode... a useful adaptation of the cheaty aspect of the build mode.

Having to work inside a computer in secrecy is kinda bad for my kind of players who tend to sit in teamspeak and chat while playing. Of course, at least that way we can delay the inevitable comment "oh, you built another battle dildo?" until it's done. But then again, I like getting input on the hull while it's still work in progress.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    make build mode so that some one in build mode can only be within his ships box dim or just out side of the box dim. this stops people using it to spy or plan for boarding.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    make build mode so that some one in build mode can only be within his ships box dim or just out side of the box dim. this stops people using it to spy or plan for boarding.
    Nononono.
    You will be designing in some sort of "other universe" where the background is just black. Can be customizable.

also, bump! :D

Reaction score
    I don't enjoy the thought of me being forced to use shipyards (which I had thought would be primarily for repairs from a blueprint, and quick construction/deconstruction of ships) to build something that won't be murdered by hot dogs in space that have aligned themselves with the pirates. Also, what about in singleplayer? I prefer to set the shop spawns so that they are rare, while pirate stations are abundant. Should I be punished for wanting a more action-packed, but not impossible to play in, universe?

I think that build mode should be optional (set in config by server admin/dev/owner/dictator/etc.), and that players should not be forced to give up the ability to utilize the advanced build tools. I'm pretty sure it would be unwanted in non-RP servers (and yes, there are SM servers that DO NOT require nor desire interactions in the form of RP).