Read by Schine Decorative Suggestions/Improvements

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    hey guys on our computer screens why not have a scematic of the ship, and a database of where it has been and where it is going, stasis pods, "beds" and even some kind of way to control the ship from a cockpit separate from the core

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Definitely the ?.

How about sizeable lettering to apply to blocks. A tv screen with different scenes, possibly it will rotate though them. decorations that are larger then 1 block or combine into one object when placed adjacent to each other (not two 1x1 displays, a 1x2 display or whatever size you want). Just a larger variety of decorations based on ship systems. Give me cool looking decorations that apply to the ship systems. Shield decorations, weapon system deco, jump drive deco, energy system deco. If there is a computer for it, you have a theme for the decorations.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Since we're getting chairs in a few patches why not also bring in ladders? They could let you align to them to go up and down but are normally pass through like area triggers are. Also letting you clime up and down them or to the sides if there are some next to them. These would also come in handy when the crew update comes around and helps to limit the number of needed rail elevators on smaller craft that might not be able to use them.

Reaction score
    I'm after an improvement to the Decorative Pipes.

Specifically, I'd like to see them actually connecting groups of things, like Power Rectors and Power Capacitor.
    But, as they aren't actually those blocks, they don't add in the base amount that one of those blocks would.

That, and having them be fully rotateable would be great.

[and an argument could be made for letting them connect the weapon groups as well, but I'd be happy with just the power systems]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There was talk a while back about making scaffold blocks ladder like. I would still support that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Oh! OH! How about a Readout block? Has a projected screen like the Display block, but can be set to show a minimap, power levels, shield levels, weapon cooldowns, etc, as visually updating graphics?

Reactions: Blodge

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    hey guys on our computer screens why not have a scematic of the ship, and a database of where it has been and where it is going,
    Here's an idea I can get behind for role play. Being able to steal the design of a ship after boarding, and get a log of locations would be pretty neat, but I think this needs to be in crew.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    it would be good fro when you log out of a server and you were going somewhere it would keep your destination for you

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Been putting in some RP decoration today and not to sound cliche, but I'd really like to see a sink texture added to the game.

Yep all that and the kitchen sink too....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since we're getting designated crew quarters in a few updates time, I'd say we need:
    Chairs,
    Beds/Bunks,
    Showers,
    Toilets,
    Food dispensers/Vending Machines.

Maybe Chairs and Beds could be fashioned out of regular Hull blocks (I'm thinking slabs here) and in some way designated as furniture for NPCs to use?
    I think the Showers should either be a wedge block with a shower-head texture on the sloped face, or a sprite like the Light Rods but which only takes up half the height of the block.
    Toilets could likewise be a wedge or a sprite, but it should either be a sprite you can choose the direction it faces, or look like a small round chemical toilet.

Reaction score
    Some Ideas

Fuel Tanks
    Hazard Screen (basically a bright red display module that says [WARNING] on it)
    OS Terminal
    Holograph (the normal screen block, but placed on the ground and the screen contents are holograms)
    VR Machine block
    Jeffries Tubing you can crawl inside this block

Reaction score
    I'd love to see something like EVE's in-game browser functionality (to be specific, the earlier, more lightweight "Atlas" implementation, not JavaScript/HTML5/Chromium "Moondoggie").

Not a full-blown web browser, but have the display modules render some subset of HTML, maybe something akin to WML/WAP, no images, etc.; either stored statically in the block, or pulled from a URL on block load, and optionally updated on logic pulse.
    Add some custom HTTP headers that get sent along with the request and can be acted upon by the web server.
    Traffic shouldn't be too bad considering the limited screen real estate of a display module, however I hear there's hope we get connected textures some time in the future...

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like a lot of these ideas, that being said, does anyone know offhand how many unused blocks we have left?
    Doesn't matter:
    http://star-made.org/news/starmade-v0-19498-slabs-new-blocks
    schema said:
    If necessary the internal size of blocks can be expanded from 3 to 4 bytes, effectively doubling block ids a few times, so don’t worry about block ids running out.
    Biggest decorative change I'd like to see is automatic tiling blocks. Blocks that automatically sense when there is another block next to them and update their own texture to match. Like glass panes or fence posts in Minecraft.

I'd love to see light rods that will turn into crosses where they meet so that we could make a mesh out of them!

Or how about some some plain colored rods? One in each color as the hulls, same shape and size as the light rods, that just don't light up (but which would be available in actual shades of black and brown) that we could use for things like table legs and decorative piping?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Don't forget sinks. Even in space washing your hand after using the toilet is a good idea.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Don't forget sinks. Even in space washing your hand after using the toilet is a good idea.
    I currently make sinks by having a 3/4 white hull slab between two white standard armor cubes. Behind it I have blue crystal armor with black standard behind it to make a mirror.

But actual sinks would be nice too!

:P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I currently make sinks by having a 3/4 white hull slab between two white standard armor cubes. Behind it I have blue crystal armor with black standard behind it to make a mirror.

But actual sinks would be nice too!

:p
    Got any pics? :)