Read by Council Dead man's Switch (Logic)

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I am trying to make a dead man's switch to trigger logic when a block is destroyed but it does not work.

Problem: A logic 'active'-state (high) does not go 'inactive' (low) when the logic block is destroyed. This is actually illogical since SM treats 'active' like 'powered' and 'inactive' like un-powered.

Solution: I submit that when an 'active' logic block is destroyed it should output an 'inactive' state upon destruction to reflect the change to an un-powered state.

Just for fun the inactive logic could trigger an 'active' state when destroyed to simulate a power surge or short circuit. Roll the dice for a chance to create a little chaos.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I am trying to make a dead man's switch to trigger logic when a block is destroyed but it does not work.

Problem: A logic 'active'-state (high) does not go 'inactive' (low) when the logic block is destroyed. This is actually illogical since SM treats 'active' like 'powered' and 'inactive' like un-powered.

Solution: I submit that when an 'active' logic block is destroyed it should output an 'inactive' state upon destruction to reflect the change to an un-powered state.

Just for fun the inactive logic could trigger an 'active' state when destroyed to simulate a power surge or short circuit. Roll the dice for a chance to create a little chaos.
    You can build a dead-man's switch by having the triggering block pulse, instead of be constant. Once the pulse is no longer transmitted, you know the block is destroyed.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You can build a dead-man's switch by having the triggering block pulse, instead of be constant. Once the pulse is no longer transmitted, you know the block is destroyed.
    or just have a single activator as the block that gets damaged, and use the clock back at the control area. That way you can use one clock for all of them

clock of some description > and gate < active activator that gets destroyed

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    or just have a single activator as the block that gets damaged, and use the clock back at the control area. That way you can use one clock for all of them

clock of some description > and gate < active activator that gets destroyed
    I'd have the activator be inactive then. So long as it is inactive, the AND will stay off. If it is destroyed, the clock will eventually turn the AND on.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'd have the activator be inactive then. So long as it is inactive, the AND will stay off. If it is destroyed, the clock will eventually turn the AND on.
    Right, yeah. Sorry -_-

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Thanks for the replies but I am still not sure what this gains me. It is great that I can get a visual indication that a block gets destroyed but how do I translate that into a logic-controlled circuit that triggers only upon the destruction of a 'trigger' block?

(Hoping for a simple, elegant solution that does not require designing a major logic-computer.)

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Thanks Jaaskinal...that is a tutorial I had not seen yet. With one small addition to this circuit I now have a working dead-man's switch. To achieve a logic-trigger I just slaved a flip-flop from the OR gate.