Dave discovers that disintegrators explode

Reaction score
    Careful when randomly shooting things... it turns out that hitting an explosive Disintegrator block can cause it to blow, and even set off a chain reaction with nearby Disintegrators!

Schema has also been hard at work addressing many other changes, bugs and conflicts, here is the most recent additions to the changelog.

**This list is for the dev patch, and is not yet in the public version**

- explosion blocks (disintegrator) now explode on damage
    - explosion blocks (disintegrator) now cause chain reaction with each other
    - fixed bug where gravity block cannot be turned off
    - draw distance no longer an option (calculated over "max segments" now)
    - navigation filter setting is now saved on the client
    - fixed migration problem when a sprite style block was activated
    - fixed bug where object would be displayed from cache after spawning if before an object with the same name was deleted
    - buying from catalog with blocks now includes value of docked ships
    - if not enough blocks to buy from catalog, a list of total blocks needed will be sent to the player (using new chat log panel to view)
    - core can now be entered on the same ship if someone already is in the build block
    - now skipping docked structures that are already occupied when up/down was pressed in flight mode
    - fixed bug where you would not be able to pick up core as astronaut
    - fixed docking beam not resetting to core when returning from a cockpit veiwpiont
    - auto-completion of player name now puts proper case
    - auto-completion of player name now works outside of commands
    - docking on faction base with faction exception will no longer change faction of the docked ship
    - possible fix for AI not firing on turrets
    - fixed bug where cache would be considered newer even if object has been modified in absence
    - fixed mass calculation in docking situations
    - fixed build orientation arrow
    - fixed bug where docking zone is not drawn in build mode when the ship itself is docked

Please remember that the news post is not the best place to post bug reports or suggestions. So here's a quick set of links so you can post to get proper attention it deserves. Remember to do a quick search before starting a new thread, you'll be surprised how many active discussions may cover your topic.

Bugs - http://star-made.org/forum/5

Suggestions - http://star-made.org/forums/suggestions

Thanks for playing!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Please add a button to the structure panel to detonate Disintegrators, so we can have self-destruct on our ships if needed

Reaction score
    Yea, id like a button too, but for now, just have a nearby block you can shoot to start it off ;)

therimmer96

Reaction score
    So my hand gun will be able to pierce a 19 million shield cap ship to detonate the bombs?

Reaction score
    I never thought I\'d enjoy reading changelogs... but man, these updates are fantastic!

On a side note, I have always gotten an error when trying to use any effects that require OpenGL (Bloom etc.)
    My graphics card is supported and drivers are up to date. Just wondered if this is a known isssue or something specific to me?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have posted many bugs on the bugs section that have gone ignored. The SM team should setup some bug reporting software such as bugzilla.

Reaction score
    Remember that part where i mentioned where suggestions can be posted?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I was about to, but it seemed like a wasted thread for somthing that was literally \"add this button here\"

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Yay pirate ships don\'t have to be giant corvettes. We can finally have pirate capital ships

Reaction score
    My and my cousin have been working with disintegrators. Trying to create planet destroying bombers! by docking small ships with disintegrators to a larger ship then releasing the docked ships into the atmosquare (atmosphere) of a planet cousing it to fall to the ground blowing up anything it hits :D. New designs await with the disintegrators blowing up when they take damage.

Reaction score
    As far as I\'m aware this game is beingcreated by 2 people (and a half). AND. This game is free, i dont know wether it was funded by something or Schema has put his own money into it but i think it has a rather small budget. You will have to pay for the game LATER - Schema being a great person - but i think its coming together just fine. Its a great game. Thanks Schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ive not heard much about the enemy AI being non existant. piratesa still kill npc\'s with imunity. shops call fleets for protection so it makes sense that the shop npc\'s would too right. apearently not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    also what about an argo range for pirates? ive had one hunt me entire sector blocks away just because i ran from the fight thinking hay they would stop eventually right? I was wrtong apearently. oh and by the way as they are argoed, they also argo every pirate they come in contact with so as they chase you thier fleet gets bigger and bigger so eventually they will relentlessly hunt you down.

they dont fucking give up EVER! and they need to otherwise the game becomes a chore running from flash mob pirates.

Reaction score
    \"- draw distance no longer an option (calculated over \"max segments\" now)\"

Waaay bad.

Separately setting the two values is much better. Maxsegments decides how many blocks can be displayed on your screen before your computer explodes. Drawing distance decides how far do you want to see.

Example; I can hang out around a giant ship, only half of it is displayed at one time, and even that\'s making the PC work hard. Once I\'m done, I can just leave the area, and since no giants are nearby, those few shops and npcs I usually see don\'t mean much work for the computer to display, even on relatively long drawing distances.

However, once this update gets into the game; When there\'s nothing big around me, the game will still put the maximum strain on the computer, all the time, because it\'ll be drawing in stuff from way further out.

Unless the game became so finely optimized that you could watch whole fleets with some titan ships do battle on your mobile phone, this change looks like yet another extremely poor decision.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    it wasnt a bad decision to remove that setting, it wasnt functional at all the last patches.