Dave and his crew

Reaction score
    You know guys, these shadows make everything look as good as in space engineeres! (No offence, but space engineeres looked better before. It was the only good thing about it though)

Reaction score
    As it happens, I compose classical music in my spare time. Wouldn\'t surprise me if I compose some for StarMade at some point, though I\'ve no idea when that might be, especially since I\'ve so much other work to do. So no promises, people!

However, if I DID do the soundtrack, you\'d end up with some elegant peaceful ambient music, admiring the beauty and mystery of space, contrasted against aggressive, epic, extreme battle music that could easily accompany a fleet battle between hundreds of ships. Powerful, booming rhythm and violent (yet majestic) brass and strings, aiming to capture both the gigantic, awe-inspiring scope and direct visceral conflict that characterises giant fleet battles in space. I\'d try to make sure battle-relevant audio, like explosions and weapon impacts, were still very audible even with that music, though.

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Judging by the bugginess, Scheme still has a good bit of work to do before we get to see shadows ingame. Now I understand why updates are taking so long. Just imagine each of the new features are probably just as buggy. Thanks for all the hard work Scheme.

Reaction score
    The latest dev build is quite good. However i was wondering if Daves can drive ships, be named and attack enemies?

Reaction score
    The latest dev build is quite good. However i was wondering if Daves can drive ships, be named and attack enemies?

Reaction score
    Btw great job on bugfixes

18th Jan= UNPLAYABLE

20th Jan= Still Buggy as hell

22th of Jan= Good

24th of Jan Rarely Crashes

Wow Schema works inhumanly hard [in a good way ;] }

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    we don\'t need background music it sounds just unatural then, what we do need however are constant ambient sounds, I mean the only ambient sound you hear is the space one which is kind of annoying, but otherwise when you are for example near a ship, you have to be very close to even hear it\'s engine sound, and when you are in the ship you hardly hear anything, maybe if you accelerate then you hear a thrust sound for example, bla i don\'t know what i\'m talking about

Reaction score
    how and where are you people getting these dev builds and info on when it\'s coming out?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    they are on a link at the bottom of the page the one that says something about manual downlaoding.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Represents the update. 3 months for buggy npcs, They cant even drive ships atm.

None of the missile bugs are fixed and the game crashes every few minutes. The post above is not true.

Also there are NO npc aliens like said in a dev log over 3 months ago.

I may be mistaken but this is only if the dev build represents the update

Reaction score
    You should release the new version soon, it\'s abscence affects me real bad. I mean, I just spent 3 hours trying to find Tk for ActivePerl 5.18!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Music makes flying through space less dull. Flying straight for a couple of hours would be so much better if we had music playing. It wont sound out of place if it fits the part of the game your doing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

This looks absolutely amazing. Loving the new textures. To be truthful, I didn\'t love the old textures except for the ice crystals. They looked to synthetic. Looking forward to the next patch!