Dark Days Ahead if Things Aren't Set Straight

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Keep it up. I am sure the devs will hear you once the thread is locked...

Honestly the idea of posting a blog is great, but you guys hate on MF far too much. They are having fun. They are not posting with the purpose of providing tutorial base content. They just get the word out. They are just a server with many youtube videos. Yet you guys are mad because you expect them to be news based when they are more about experimenting and making games out of the game.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Keep it up. I am sure the devs will hear you once the thread is locked...

Honestly the idea of posting a blog is great, but you guys hate on MF far too much. They are having fun. They are not posting with the purpose of providing tutorial base content. They just get the word out. They are just a server with many youtube videos. Yet you guys are mad because you expect them to be news based when they are more about experimenting and making games out of the game.
    I like Tomino and co., they're cool people. I'd just rather have the news in a more compressed, pure format, not intermingled with randomness and tomfoolery. I don't understand why this is so unreasonable.

Reactions: Zyrr

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I'd just rather have the news in a more compressed, pure format, not intermingled with randomness and tomfoolery. I don't understand why this is so unreasonable.
    I can make that happen in a while, but it won't be in a video format and it won't be just me working on it.

Reactions: Keptick and Comr4de
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I can make that happen in a while, but it won't be in a video format and it won't be just me working on it.
    THANK YOU, I'm done here. I guess this is as close as I can get but I have a soft spot for furby.

Reactions: Zyrr

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    @Crazy6227 WB and you should have seen this place about 6-7 weeks ago. Things have calmed down quite a bit

@Comr4de don't feed the trolls, we have a report tool for a reason

@ResonKinetic I can speak for myself and I think more than a few mod team members would agree that we are always policing internally to avoid issues with the user base due to us being too 'disconnected'. We take accusations of authority abuse incredibly serious. We interact with the community on a daily basis. The Schine team is quite active in reading topics the community has active. It's rare they interact because by the time they find the topic the users have already addressed the issue brought up by the OP in a professional and friendly manner. Regardless of their position. Also many have lives and jobs far from star-made contextually. Full times jobs, family, needing a full 8 hours of sleep and the like does make the window for peering into the forum rather narrow. So the time they have free is balanced between work on the game or checking on us. I'd like to think each schine member has reached their equilibrium. But you have a valid point. It may require adjustments sooner or later.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Anyways I do agree that there should be devlogs or some way to get information to the community other than using MF.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Mushroom Fleet is completely autonomous. They have objectivity and excellent production standards. I'd only worry if the already-too-busy tamino is made a member of the schine team and the game's name changes to shroom-made. Until then I say let the shroomie train roll on.

Eventually we might get our own schine sponsored productions but we'll lose some objectivity.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I wouldn't say there are dark days ahead. In fact, I'd say things are improving. In fact, the main complain of OP's is that communication between the players and staff (of both SMDock and Schine) is lacking. Which at this point, I have to agree. But, major progress on this is being made, just like WarSong said.

Also, as for news, there are several avenues for this in the works, including my own StarFeed podcast (which definitely need more volunteers ;) [/shameless plug])

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Well I'm not looking for a YT video just a text post on the forums somewhere so I don't have to open YT and sit thru a video turning off my music to listen. In MF's case it's listening to a bunch of crap to get to what I actually clicked on the video to watch.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    We do have the news feed. Click on News then wait a bit. That whole page is used by the great grey one himself exclusively.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    That news tab isn't a devblog talking about upcoming changes, I see no mention of galaxies on there.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Point taken. I was going mostly on the idea that it's a mushroom free source info.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I'm not saying that MF shouldn't get information but if they're going to be the only ones getting this information can we atleast get a video of the actual changes not huehuehuehue everything else then changes.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I love this community, despite its flaws (the memes, sperging levity, mushroomfleet, etc.)
    sperging levity and mushroomfleet - mentioned in the same sentence.

The fact that MF is the only stable source of update news is a pretty major problem. Official releases should come from Schine, or more properly, their PR manager in news posts on their site.
    You see it as a problem that there IS a stable source of news. Did you know I released more News Shows than BB ever did? I also released more and more detailed tutorials. Meh. You want official News every week. What if there is none?

It's the job of the Public Relations manager to relate with the public. Not sure what you're getting at there.

My issue with mushroomfleet is that you have to sit through a ten minute video to get about one minute of information. There is no scenario in which this is acceptable.
    My Videos are aimed for 6 minutes long, if there are multiple topics, or explanation is required the time will be higher. If you want me to Jump Cut everything, I can do that for a month just for you. Nobody ever gives feedback, only complains like this - never directly to me. Pretty obvious no change will be made if you never say anything.

#MyWarOnApathy

Last edited by a moderator:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Perhaps they could do the thing they should have done ages ago....

Make an updates playlist.[DOUBLEPOST=1410905464,1410905309][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ad makes it extra funny

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    You see it as a problem that there IS a stable source of news. Did you know I released more News Shows than BB ever did? I also released more and more detailed tutorials. Meh. You want official News every week. What if there is none?

My Videos are aimed for 6 minutes long, if there are multiple topics, or explanation is required the time will be higher. If you want me to Jump Cut everything, I can do that for a month just for you. Nobody ever gives feedback, only complains like this - never directly to me. Pretty obvious no change will be made if you never say anything.
    You're not the one who needs to change. If you're gonna do your thing, go ahead and do it. My criticism/feedback is not aimed at you.

I also already mentioned that Beetlebear was a shitty PR manager, dunno what sort of validation you want on that. If theres anyone my criticism is directed at, it's calbiri.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's the job of the Public Relations manager to relate with the public. Not sure what you're getting at there.

My issue with mushroomfleet is that you have to sit through a ten minute video to get about one minute of information. There is no scenario in which this is acceptable.
    2 words, Spoiled Brat