StarFeed Podcast -- For anything and everything spaceworthy!

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Welcome to the home of the StarFeed podcast! Here you will be able to find the latest episodes, and other information.

What is StarFeed?

StarFeed is an audio podcast all about StarMade and the community around it. We plan to release an episode every week, discussing the latest happenings in the community, updates to the game, and much more.

Who is the StarFeed staff?

We are:

fire219 (co-host, creator)
    MrFURB (co-host)
    Urdnot_Wrex
    Lecic
    Moultonlava5
    WarSong
    ... and special guests in many episodes!

How do I show up on StarFeed?

To be a guest, post in this thread, and tell us this information.
    • Why should you be a guest on StarFeed?
    • Any subjects that you are especially proficient (or even just strong-opinioned) on?
    • What times are you available?
    • Anything else we should know?
    If we think you may be an interesting guest, we'll contact you, and maybe figure out if this can happen!

Episodes:

Ep1 -- Rambling About Stuff (This being the first episode, it was not structured well! Future episodes will be better in this respect)

Ep2 -- How to Ship Gooder (What makes the difference between an okay ship and a great ship?)

Ep3 -- Of God Modes and Give IDs (Admin commands and admin abuse, see here for more info)

Ep4 -- New News (Slightly different format from previous episodes, recent news as of Sep. 20, 2014)

Ep5 -- was terrible, really do not want to link

Ep6 -- How is Babby Server Formed Interview and tips from the Elwyn Eternity Staff!

Ep7 -- The Galactic Empire of Awesome and Mods Talking to Megacrafter127 about the mod API

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ooh, fascinating! I've never seen a Podcast for StarMade done before. I would like to add a suggestion:

If viewers ask questions, would you take a brief moment to answer and discuss about it? I thought this would be beneficial to new players.

Reactions: Urdnot_Wrex

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    It was a lot of fun to discuss Starmade stuff with others. I'd suggest signing on as a guest.

Reactions: Moultonlava5

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ooh, fascinating! I've never seen a Podcast for StarMade done before. I would like to add a suggestion:

If viewers ask questions, would you take a brief moment to answer and discuss about it? I thought this would be beneficial to new players.
    A viewer Q&A is a planned section. If you have any questions in particular, go ahead and ask them. :)

Reactions: TheBlueThunder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    A viewer Q&A is a planned section. If you have any questions in particular, go ahead and ask them. :)
    Well I do have one question I'd like to ask: Is there a way to use multiple custom NPC skins of your crew? If not, I would like your opinions on this idea.

I thank you for taking the time to read my questions and comments!

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Why should you be a guest on StarFeed?
    Because I've been around since the tail end of the Yogswarm, and I've been watching the community for some time. I feel that I can represent some of the community, at the very least.

Any subjects that you are especially proficient (or even just strong-opinioned) on?
    Ship building. It's all I've done for the past year. I play with different tricks, shapes, weapons, etc., and test out damage on shield bricks and the like. Lots of theory crafting.

I consider myself to be above average in terms of how well versed I am in the current weapons system, and I have strong opinions on where it needs to go in the future.

I am also slightly experienced in experimental other systems - mostly in what would and wouldn't work, and how to do it.

What times are you available?
    9:00 AM to 10:00 PM, GMT-5
    Mon Wed Fri Sat Sun

Anything else we should know?
    I occasionally ramble about complex topics, and may need to be reminded on occasion to cut it short at risk of wasting peoples' time.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Something I wanted to bring up is the possible "robot" voice, when we all have bad connection to each other. Wanted to know if there was a way to improve it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    That is the only thing I could think of but not every guest have every means of chat.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Episode 2 is now out as a recording!

Ep2 -- How to Ship Gooder (What makes the difference between an okay ship and a great ship?)

Thanks to all who watched the stream last night. It was great to see this many people interested in the podcast. :)

@jzimmerman and lava: In that respect, Mumble is one of the least taxing on an internet connection. Switching over to another VoIP program (TS3, Skype, etc) would likely make it even worse.

Reactions: Nauvran
    Reaction score
    Good Stuff! I think you should do an episode on the difference between an Alpha game and Beta game. Would be nice if you could have some testers as guests. Include things like what makes a good tester, how to report a bug properly, with some examples of specific bugs and how the testing team squashes them. I know I would like to hear this sort of stuff discussed.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Maybe have a special short podcast at every new release that discusses the changes and that goes down the list of bugs that were closed, and maybe what significant bugs are still open. An audio version of the release announcement in news. Yeah, a player can read the release note, but it's so much more satisfying to hear people discuss those changes in detail. You can bring out hidden details that some people don't understand from the bug descriptions, and how those changes interface with other systems or play mechanics that might not be immediately obvious when reading the description text.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    So Thanks @fire219 and the guys I put episode one and two on YouTube. The new episodes will come out Sundays after the stream, I will try upload them whilst I sleep.

On another note, we need some more suggestions on what is happening in the community, if there is anything you would like us to talk about please comment.

Last edited:
    Reactions: fire219