Dannage Fleetyards: Poor Advice For Noobs

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Indeedles. Going to log on shortly and add a much larger salvage array at the front, if I can make one a bit more... circular... :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It probably doesn't help that I then try and add some wedges so I can bevel the edges of the drums off.

Progress has been slow today. There is much meandering between three shops and a trading station very time I think of a new brick to add in. Really ought to put weapons or mega shields on, so I can explore my sector more.

Still, here's progress.

That will probably be the last of the comparison shots, as I really need to strip the original for material now. :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It probably doesn't help that I then try and add some wedges so I can bevel the edges of the drums off.

Progress has been slow today. There is much meandering between three shops and a trading station very time I think of a new brick to add in. Really ought to put weapons or mega shields on, so I can explore my sector more.

Still, here's progress.

That will probably be the last of the comparison shots, as I really need to strip the original for material now. :)

Are you going to make Babylon 4 with that or are you just making another ship? I like the shape of your new hull, I absolutely love rounded industrial projects.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Replacing the slightly mean looking salvager with a new salvager, which strips asteroids much quicker than the previous one did. :)

Reactions: Col_Kurtz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This morning, I was delighted to find the neighbouring sector had 4 trade stations, count em, FOUR..

A little inside look, following the Colonel's lead in building a shell.

Then, I got a little worried about what psychologists might say about the design of this ship, especially with all the salvage units, and now missile tubes in the 'nose cone'...

So I decided to put some sticky out bits...

These are going to be turned into.....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ... Solar panels. Which took a while to not be -complete- tosh...

(Yes, I'm still doing side by side comparisons of long cylindrical objects. My psycho-analyst is having a field day!)

Also started on the outer engines, which was made more taxing by the fact I had some slabs and no mirrored cubes.. which reminds me... Probably some errors on the nose of the ship... whuups...

Anyway, started a small station outpost to distract me, mainly so I could start manufacturing the goods need.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I like the solar panels and the overall shape. The ship has some size for sure!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You're very kind.

I had wanted to do eight solar panels, but those were pesky as they were, and I wasn't going to be able to angle the collectors properly... ho hum.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Parked alongside somebody else's ship.. On the plus side, as they'd gone for a cylindrical build too we thought ours looked like they could exist in the same galaxy. On the not so plus side I think his looks much prettier!

In the final phases of my external build now, with the middle set of engines and the 'big' one. She's quite fast, she tops out around 273 at the moment, which means nothing if you don't know our server settings! The pretty ship can do 155... :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Got to spend some time with other members on the server, on a joint operation... marred by my computer being unable to cope with the scale of the battle and kicking me out during the whole event.. But I got back eventually, and met up with two other, much prettier battleships. At least they like my engines. ;)

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    tht is a very pretty engine....might steal some aspects of it for my own project (when i actually manage to start it >.>)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I can post some close ups if you want any.

I had an amusing mission today. It amused me because we were fighting the 'big bad' empire that the server owner had cooked up for us. Three of their ships (Interceptor, Bomber and Corvette) were amongst ships I'd only seen as radar blips from 24km away, until today when we had a big fleet engagement and I managed to get in close to them.

Imagine.. Imagine my surprise when I saw these three ships... They were -my- design! :) That Pirate competition I did a year back and released three pirate ships... The guys on this server had been using them for a few months!! They had no idea the designs had been mine!

We had a good old laugh about that. It was strange to face my own ships in battle!

Meantime, work has started on my own 'warship' since the Grey Star II is, at the end of the day, a mining vessel.

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i definitely would not mind some close ups :P

on another note >.> warship?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Holy crap Dannage! I have officially gone green with envy! You build the prettiest engine designs, did you know that? Anyway if i get the green light from that server I can slide you some turret ideas i came up with from my previous efforts!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, just cos I haven't posted for two weeks, doesn't mean I wasn't playing. Here are a couple of engine close ups for the Grey Star II.

In other news, I have recovered a fighter from the Admin's fleet, and started repairing it, built a cargo vessel called the Pouch, and the warship is now a bit more significant than the two circles in the last post. I decided to keep the cylindrical hull theme, but go for a catamaran hull, for more... oomph..

Reaction score
    This is a great thread. Only been on a few weeks now and can certainly relate to the earlier part.

Loving the ship design!

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A masterpiece of engine structure and design. I salute you!