Dannage Fleetyards: Poor Advice For Noobs

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Actually that's the back.. Here's the top front...ish view...

Just a shame she has a rather large set of holes.... this is the biggest one!

[DOUBLEPOST=1437419981,1437419866][/DOUBLEPOST]One of the chaps on the server has said they really like the design though, so I will build a new one, mainly for them... :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    While I can't go hunting, I am focussing on making a new home for my builds, one which will have quite a bit of power and many guns, to defend against small pirate attacks... maybe...

Many asteroids died to bring us these materials...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Who missed me?
    . . .
    noticed I was gone?
    . . .
    I'll settle for "can remember my name, as long as you've looked at the name on the left"...

Anyway, the server I was on had some issues and had to retire. Shame, because it was a nice little server and the people were friendly. Not a bad word to say about them. I haven't really played since early September, where I was failing to figure out shipyards. Since then we've had cargo, slabs and all sorts of updates..

Joining a new server today, albeit with heavy asteroid mining bonuses. We will see where we get to in the first few hours of play.

Reactions: kupu and Col_Kurtz
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Who missed me?
    . . .
    noticed I was gone?
    . . .
    I'll settle for "can remember my name, as long as you've looked at the name on the left"...

Anyway, the server I was on had some issues and had to retire. Shame, because it was a nice little server and the people were friendly. Not a bad word to say about them. I haven't really played since early September, where I was failing to figure out shipyards. Since then we've had cargo, slabs and all sorts of updates..

Joining a new server today, albeit with heavy asteroid mining bonuses. We will see where we get to in the first few hours of play.
    Welcome back.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thanks Colonel...

I thought I'd do something slightly different this time around. Didn't want to become the one trick pony.. So I started roaming around on my new server with this, the USS Fugly.

Heh... Not really... I was going to give her some old maritime name like the Endeavour or something, but then the server history put us quite a long distance in the future. Cleverly, it rates years by some other planetary orbit so 'cycles' may be weeks or decades... Either way, there are a large number of them between now and then, so I tend to think current times as ancient events, therefore not something to hark back to.

So I ended up calling it the Grey Star.

And since strip mining a few asteroids, and a kindly server administrator giving me a lift to a nearby sector with lots of shops.I've managed to apply some hull.

Reaction score
    Thanks Colonel...

I thought I'd do something slightly different this time around. Didn't want to become the one trick pony.. So I started roaming around on my new server with this, the USS Fugly.

Heh... Not really... I was going to give her some old maritime name like the Endeavour or something, but then the server history put us quite a long distance in the future. Cleverly, it rates years by some other planetary orbit so 'cycles' may be weeks or decades... Either way, there are a large number of them between now and then, so I tend to think current times as ancient events, therefore not something to hark back to.

So I ended up calling it the Grey Star.

And since strip mining a few asteroids, and a kindly server administrator giving me a lift to a nearby sector with lots of shops.I've managed to apply some hull.

That's pretty cool seeing it go from ship systems to a ship. I tend to build the shell then fill it. Nice stuff.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah she's still pretty infantile, but then I've only had about 4 hours on the server so far, so not really gone mental on her yet. :)

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Still great looking, although i personally prefer the sleek look. I will say though that your ship looks rather menacing for a mining vessel.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was thinking at work today how nothing I design is ever sleek and sexy. Same at work! I do tend to design things to last, though to be fair, this ship does not yet have much in the way of defence!

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    it gives your ship a very unique style. Not quite an industrial look, nowhere near sleek. It actually looks almost robotic imho.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    To be honest, the look I wanted to go for originally, I've made this too small for. When I started this, I was thinking of a certain old friend...

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm afraid i don't recognize that ship. Or im forgetting it. o_O

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You might be too young... That is Babylon 4.

Now I'm feeling old.

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    ah...iva actually been trying to find Babylon to watch it but its not easily available >.<

As for age, im currently 20 XD though to be fair, i have seen every star trek series and movie >.>

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Been out the last couple of nights, but decided, in typical me style, that the ship wasn't cutting the mustard... Various thoughts about adding guns and some frustration over the speed at which she mined meant I wanted to increase the size. Not massive, but somewhat...

The bit being built here is the middle section, so you get an idea for size upgrade.

Reaction score
    Been out the last couple of nights, but decided, in typical me style, that the ship wasn't cutting the mustard... Various thoughts about adding guns and some frustration over the speed at which she mined meant I wanted to increase the size. Not massive, but somewhat...

The bit being built here is the middle section, so you get an idea for size upgrade.

So I take it that will be your new mid-section?