Votes: 1 50.0%
    • Fine

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Starting out easy to see if this piece of shit computer can handle it...
    starmade-screenshot-0001.png
    So I updated the Daniel Jackson a bit, nothing major just some aesthetic changes here and there
    starmade-screenshot-0002.png
    starmade-screenshot-0003.png
    starmade-screenshot-0004.png
    The computer continues to be a piece of shit, it is going to take literal years at this rate to get the bigger ships *complete*, and several weeks to complete the smallest ships.

Reaction score
    what program are you using? i assume u use something to export the general shape simelar to SMedit?

Reactions: Daniszen
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Apparently something about power has changed in my absence? Nice.

starmade-screenshot-3575.png

Super confused rn, but look how high level my reactor is; is that good..?
    starmade-screenshot-3576.png

Removing blocks also.. added mass? Interesting feature.
    starmade-screenshot-3577.png

In conclusion: I have no idea how to power things rn so I guess I have some light reading to do?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That’s quick fire for you. You can do a whole lot more with reactor chambers now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Alright, been playing with the new power system and the other stuff, I like it, but it will mean a lot of work to retrofit my ships, unfortunately.

The Daniel Jackson went pretty quick, but I didn't exactly optimise the space used so I'll probably come back to redo it so it can fit more internals as well.
    starmade-screenshot-3578.png

The Belskirnir was actually mostly fine tbh, I mean it ain't perfect but hey at least it can power all its main systems lmao.
    starmade-screenshot-3579.png

Hardly optimised tho, I'll look into it once I have a more firm grasp on the new system.
    starmade-screenshot-3580.png

I decided it definitely needed was some more PDWs tho since some of them are placed in some weird positions which means they'll have a very narrow firing arch, now I don't know how long that rogue PDW has been just literally vibing where there should've been a transporter array but I fixed it. Did make a bit of a mess when I undocked it but that's fine I fixed that too.
    starmade-screenshot-3582.png

In conclusion: Fuck me the aurora is fucked the generator is going to take forever to fix Jesus christ I am not looking forward to even thinking about that mess. The computer has been somewhat cooperative as of late so there will maybe be some more activity from me.
    Maybe

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Alright so last week I cleaned my computer with one of those compressed air cans, it wasn't as dusty as I had hoped so it's still prone to overheating. But anyway it's taken a few days but I've ripped out all the reactor stuff from the old Aurora and started with a fresh setup.

starmade-screenshot-3586.png

I've also taken out all the other systems so I will have to redo those too.
    starmade-screenshot-3588.png

Will maybe post more if the weather is shit or I'm not otherwise busy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Alright, so I made a slight mistake and a bunch of things that were supposed to be on the inside also ended up on the outside, unfortunately starting that whole process from scratch seemed easier than just fixing the problem at hand. So I ended up filling most of the back tower with reactor, so once I put more stabilisers on, there should be enough power; if not I give up. There are no screenshots this time because my computer very suddenly decided that starmade was using A LOT more processor power than it should so I had to close it early.

Reactions: Capt.Quartz

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Alright, so I made a slight mistake and a bunch of things that were supposed to be on the inside also ended up on the outside, unfortunately starting that whole process from scratch seemed easier than just fixing the problem at hand. So I ended up filling most of the back tower with reactor, so once I put more stabilisers on, there should be enough power; if not I give up. There are no screenshots this time because my computer very suddenly decided that starmade was using A LOT more processor power than it should so I had to close it early.
    How long since you replaced thermal paste on cpu and gpu? Do you have a temperature monitor program (like speedfan, afterburner, or hwmblackbox) o see if they are getting hot and slowing down?

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    there should be enough power; if not I give up.

In my experience, fitting ships or stations with systems has become incomparably easier after we got the Flood-Fill Tool.

If you're having difficulties because of the sheer amount of block placement required for systeming large structures, be sure to try this method:

1) Partition off a volume within your interior space that you intend to house a great many blocks of a particular system type (make sure it's fully closed and won't leak out filling material).

2) Set the Fill Origin point within the space of the partition, set the fill-amount-per-click to the max 5000 blocks value, select the desired filling material on the build mode hotbar, and click away until the entire volume is flood-filled.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How long since you replaced thermal paste on cpu and gpu? Do you have a temperature monitor program (like speedfan, afterburner, or hwmblackbox) o see if they are getting hot and slowing down?
    Never done that since like idk 2013, which is when I got my computer so I mean yeah it probably needs to some love by now... I'll have to look into it, maybe there's some at the store. Thanks for the tip bro, I guess I'll also have to figure out HOW to do that? Uuuh yeah, I'm sure I'll figure it out, how hard can it be right?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    In my experience, fitting ships or stations with systems has become incomparably easier after we got the Flood-Fill Tool.

If you're having difficulties because of the sheer amount of block placement required for systeming large structures, be sure to try this method:

1) Partition off a volume within your interior space that you intend to house a great many blocks of a particular system type (make sure it's fully closed and won't leak out filling material).

2) Set the Fill Origin point within the space of the partition, set the fill-amount-per-click to the max 5000 blocks value, select the desired filling material on the build mode hotbar, and click away until the entire volume is flood-filled.
    Yeah the fill tool is the greatest thing ever invented imho. Anyway here's what I tried to explain, I filled this part with reactor blocks... Do you guys think this is overkill? Idk there's some more space for MORE reactor blocks just in case...

starmade-screenshot-3590.png

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Anyway here's what I tried to explain, I filled this part with reactor blocks... Do you guys think this is overkill?

No such thing as too much power, except when there's nothing to utilise too big of a surplus.

Just try to set up things in a way that you don't surpass ~95% reactor load when all simultaneously active systems consume at max (a thing to pay extra attention to is the extra load by turrets when they fire/reload).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Good news my dudes, I got a job, the pay is good so I'll probably just buy a new PC in a month or maybe two depending on taxes.
    Idk I've never paid taxes... I mean I've honestly never even had a job so obviously I've never like y'know... paid taxes because there was nothing to tax.

I fucking hope not anyway, could you imagine next month or something the Royal Norwegian tax service or whatever come knocking and ask where the previous 8 years of due taxes were.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Anyone know how to hook up my old hardrive to my new PC, could've sworn I had a flashdrive with literally every single ship I cared about somewhere. I'm still 200% sure I do, just can't find it. Anger.

Anger directed towards this shit
    1684029692718.png

New and improved, now with 433% less mass!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just searching for 'installing old hard drive in new computer' will give you some options I think.