CV-063 Monolith x3 CFO - A WIP 1.5km long Mothership - Update #23

Reaction score
    So, not a lot happened today... and b

y not a lot I mean I spent the entire day adding retractable blast shutters to the windows on the crew deck - and will be implementing them soon everywhere!

It's still a LITTLE hinky, but I'm working on it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    by the by, that green light moves from aft to fore, then turns off, and another pulse is sent. :p

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sweet Jeebus, it is unseemly how freakishly large this ship is while still being ultra detailed. Bra-fucking-vo.

Reaction score
    Moved all the guns off the crew deck into four big guns that take up the entirety of the new fore. going to expand the superlaser to fire from the same port, as well. :D The biggest changes today came to the core - I finally got around to solving my little problem in that the core was in a terrible location - it's still in the same location, but I've rearranged the central launch ramp to go around the core, allowing me more space to make the core sufficiently epic, and to give the core some much-needed protection.

Reaction score
    DAMMMM if you feel like you need to move the core you could use smedit if you can figure out how to use it

Reaction score
    It may or may not be my birthday. (It is). I spent last night putting new point defense turrets onto the vessel, as well as mounting four long-range anti-shield lasers on the new fore. Also, took some time to template my hallways. Then I started drinking aaaaaaaannd..... yeah

Reaction score
    And I'm back from the second night of drinking. BUT! I installed ten Auxiliary reactors (plug-in reactors that use big powersupply beams hooked up to logic) that produce an additional 50,000e/sec each (only 40 of each 200 e/sec actually makes it to the host vessel)

these have been installed on the underside of the vessel, amidships, just abaft of the forward flight control towers. Also, started adding the yellow undercarriage lights to the hull.

For those of you who aren't familiar with maritime jargon, heres a few things:
    Running Lights(also known as navigation lights)
    International conventions dictate that their be RED lights mounted on the port (left) side of a craft and GREEN on the starboard(right) side. When two vessels cross paths, the vessel seeing the RED light must give way to the other vessel. Furthermore, visible from the REAR of the vessel are WHITE lights.
    From wikipedia:

To avoid collisions, vessels mount navigation lights that permit other vessels to determine the type and relative angle of a vessel, and thus decide if there is a danger of collision. In general sailing vessels are required to carry a green light that shines from dead ahead to 2 points (22½°) abaft[note 1] the beam on the starboard side (the right side from the perspective of someone on board facing forward), a red light from dead ahead to two points abaft the beam on the port side (left side) and a white light that shines from astern to two points abaft the beam on both sides. Power driven vessels, in addition to these lights, must carry either one or two (depending on length) white masthead lights that shine from ahead to two points abaft the beam on both sides. If two masthead lights are carried then the after one must be higher than the forward one.[2] Some boats operating in crowded areas may also carry a yellow flashing beacon for added visibility during day or night.
    Furthermore, on the underside of any space or aircraft should be visible YELLOW lights.

Aft:
    Towards the read of the ship.

Abaft:
    1. in or behind the stern of a ship.
    preposition
    1. 1.
      nearer the stern than; behind.

Fore: Towards the front of the ship

Abeam: on a line at right angles to a ship's or an aircraft's length.

Stern: Tail end of a vessel - on powered vessels, this is where PROPULSION is located. On carrier vessels, fightercraft are ALWAYS received from this end.

Bow: The front of a vessel - this is typically where any anchors are located, and on carriers, this is where fightercraft launch from.

It's been my goal from the beginning to make this as believable a vessel as possible - this means that little details like running lights are key to my design. Furthermore, things like Life Support, having ample Escape Pods for the vessels entire crew complement, maintenance crawlspaces, and external airlocks are also things that need to be integrated into my thought process. I've yet to actually calculate the full crew complement, but I'll likely do that tonight.

Again, sorry, no pictures today guys. I'm still a little drunk, and that I've not obliterated the spelling here is a miracle. Night all.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Its morning bro. Your head aint on straight :p