Custom texture not displaying on server?

Reaction score
    Hi everyone,

I have created a number of custom blocks (with custom textures) using the block editor. These blocks worked correctly in single player but not when hosting a server.

After some tinkering I managed to get the custom blocks to load into the server but the textures were missing.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I spotted two previous threads in which the original poster seemed to be facing similar issues but couldn't find a solution. I would really appreciate any help as I have hit a bit of a dead end.

EDIT: I've been notified that there is currently a bug where the server will not provide the textures to the client properly. That explains the problem i've been having, anyone know of a temporary work around?

Thanks!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes, this is a terrible game-breaking bug, as many servers have made custom texture packs or custom blocks. They need to hotfix it immediately, but so far.... nothing.

Here's the really easy workaround: downgrade.

Frustrating? Yes, of course. Honestly, I would just run 1 patch / release behind the current, always, because this is a pattern for Schine over the past 2 years I've been in the game. Updates break the game, then a patch or 2 later, a few fixes come out (and more breaks happen), but at least by then you've read here how to manage the breaks and the bugs.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Also... when hosting a server, you might do best to remove all the custom texture files from the server's SM installation. Just have the custom blockconfig.xml file on the server. On your and others' clients, then, you DO want the custom tex pack installation to exist there.

The server doesn't need the textures, but your clients do.