Crimson Corp Fleet Dynamics

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    it was my way of classing up the designation. Besides right now the astrotechnical beams are the closes thing we have to healing so the \"medical\" is just a way to telegraph that its a repair ship.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah medical ships can be a bit tough, most people can\'t get past the \"this ship has no function\" of typical medical ships. Just building a creative ship that is an ambulance or field hospital is reason enough for me to make one without any game mechanic built into it\'s purpose. I like the look and feel, not just function. I think to myself \"if this game was real life, what ships would exsist?\"

?But hey, that\'s just me and to each his own, it is a fine looking vessel.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i try to design ships that have a function as if it was real life too. i originally had the idea to add computers to the underside of the ship so as other players could get in as if it was a real ambulance. i\'ll think about making a refit.

thank you

Reaction score
    i feel like everytime i post something it\'s to tell you thats wrong with your builds, AND I\'M HATING MYSELF FOR IT, so i\'m gonna tell you as quick as i can so it doen;t hurt me so much.

your lower amce arrays on the destroy-ifrit are not the same amount, and your ships are so beutiful that i feel like tearing my eyes right out of their sockets.

P.S. many of your designs fit in perfectly with seven-the-slayer MAMMOTH in the MAM dock.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    After some house cleaning, Crimson Corp finally returns with a new ship. Our engineers have created our first light MCV designed to be a intermediary between our Corvette and Frigate class ships. Feast your eyes on the Ifrit.

Ifrit Class Destroyer

More Pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/Y61G9

Mass: 1,165.1

L/H/W: 61m/20m/37m

Power Regen: 122,695.7 e/sec

Thrust: 2,065.2

Shields: 102,641 Regen: 4,235 s/sec

After days of testing and countless remodels, our engineers have finished work on our premiere light MCV, the Ifrit. Stronger than a corvette but lighter and more cost effective than a frigate, the Ifrit packs enormous power in a relatively small space. The Ifrit\'s Arsenal features 9 turret placements, 4 siege-grade AMC arrays as well as 4 Missile Batteries. It\'s firepower alone has earned it the nickname \"Pocket Frigate\" from our test pilots. The Ifrit is a valuable addition to any fleet for its small size and raw strength.

The growing Pirate menace has strained the budgets of most defense fleets especially the rural outer colonies far from populated trade lanes. This ship was designed for them.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i haven\'t even finished posting the Ifrit description and you\'ve already responded.

first thank you for noticing but yes, i know that the lower arrays have a different damage. To me the lower arrays are supplementary to the main array in the bow. from the testing that ive done the inconsistent firing rates of the AMCs help to make a more chain gun like effect where instead of all hitting at the same time then arrays will hit one right after the other. filling in any gaps in the flak. im not sure how good that strategy is in PvP but against the pirates its pretty effective.

also its always good to see pics of my ships being put to use as well as any feedback. it really helps motivate me to design more ships so thank you. im also actively trying to standardize my ship dimensions to maintain consistency. so far my single personnel vessels (SPV) have a standard size limit of 21x13x9. hope that helps.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    our engineers have made quite a bit of progress on our little secret project. So much so that we\'ve decided to show another sneak peak at their progress. PR has authorized more pictures as well as the name of our endeavor.

We hereby announce: \"Project Giganaut\"

Her current measurements clock her in at almost 800m long and more than 300m wide. we still have a long way to go but it\'s shape is coming out. we are also simultaneously building our new Shipyards along with the giganaut. Both will be massive in their scale. we appreciate the continued support of our customers and investors. More updates will come later

Reaction score
    Holy shit, I can\'t wait so see this one finished. I hope you can keep your level of details even with this monster.

Reaction score
    will the giganaut be able to carry all of your ship, and would u like some help in putting the power and thrust in, im kinda good at cramming in power and thrust after i tested a couple of refits i did against their origninal moddels and the refits smashed the originals

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    its designed to be a mothership, a flag ship of my fleet. its hull is big enough to fit every ship in it but its already choked full of rooms and smaller hangers.its biggest hanger is a invasion hanger in its belly complete with drop pod tubes and dropships. the biggest ship that this will carry is 2 destroyers internally at least im still building it and have plans to maybe add massive docking port under the belly for any bigger ship.

Basically if theres spaces that dont have a purpose in it than it will be filled with regen/shield blocks. At this point its rocking more than a billion energy reserves with 7 mil regen and 4 mil shields. its weapons so far are 20 amc cannons doing 1000 dmg a piece as well as a planet cracker cannon d1000 missile launcher right in the bow. im trying to design this thing to compete with some of the bigger more powerful ships out there like the Damocles but we\'ll see how that turns out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love your ships man, they\'re epic! Looking forward to the shipyard too! :P

And that mothership is awe inspiring man...truly.

Thanks again for the ships! :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I saw your first ship, I thought to myself, \"aren\'t you a little short for a battlecruiser?\" And now, you\'re showcasing a dreadnought which could engulf the entirety of my modest little lineup of ships. There really is no middle ground for you, is there?

In short, I can\'t wait to see the finished product.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    A new day a new ship. R&D has finished testing on a new type of fighter that incorporates elements of fighters and bombers.

We present the Perun

?Perun Class Hybrid Fighter

Mass: 86.6

L/H/W: 22m/9m/15m

Power Regen: 8,396 e/sec

Thrust: 174.4

Shields: 10,357 Regen: 758 s/sec

The Perun is largest of our SPV Strike craft. It borders the line between corvette and strike craft by nearly maximizing our docking limits on craft of its specifications. Its 6 powerful AMC arrays and twin Lock-on Missile Batteries allow it to be the perfect patrol vessel for many fleets.

Reaction score
    simple,effective, easy to dock, easy to undock and get out, inshort, I FRAKING LOVE THAT HANGER ( is it on your GIGANAUT)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    its the main fighter hanger. it can hold about 16 fighters. each stall has a plex door switch in front of it so as soon as u undock it will open the launch doors. its not complete yet, im starting to run into some problems that hope to fix soon.

i\'ll release some progress photos soon

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    We have an update on our current progress on Project Giganaut.

Much work has been concentrated on increasing its combat capabilities as well as some hull design.

Currents stat measurements have increased substantially from our last report. Shields have increased to about 7.5 mil, power load is at 1.1 billion, power regen is at 11 mil.

a fatal error in our AMC systems required us to completely reinstall them. the arrays are far more powerful then the last placements. 20 cannons doing 2.5k per hit however the power consumption is so great that the power banks can only sustain fire for about 30 secs or more at a time. Of course if theres anything that is still standing after a 30 sec volley is probably beyond dead.

Turret placement hasn\'t even begun but we are design giga variants of our various turrets. this is a prototype design for a flak cannon.

the primary generator room is mostly complete, the power bank room still needs some work done as most of the reactors need shielding to prevent leakage and possible hazardous mutations among the crew.

under belly of the ship. drop tubes 1-8 are complete tubes S1-4 are still still require work.

the starboard shield generator room. the structure of the room is complete and control systems will be moved in shortly.

the aft passage to the primary generator room and core chamber.

More work is needed so it will be some time before another update will come.