Crew Lua Scripting

Should this be added?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 85.7%
    • No.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    The possibilities for such a thing would be endless.

It could be used to have a group of npcs do anything. You could have them settle system which they can recruit more npcs to your faction to help them. You could have them assign said locals to a job based on their skill. you could have it so they call upon another npc when they need to settle annother system near by. The things they could do while settling is also endless. Maybe you can make it so they will be certain structures on a planet base on a blueprint. Npcs could do things on their own for you if you have to go to school or if you are my age go to work. I personally would have a lot of uses for lua scripted npcs in my faction.

Reaction score
    did you guys read ANY of the dev blogs?
    Yes I did, but there were some things that were unclear. One major thing was to as how people would be using or making their crew do what they want. What it looked like was that lua scripting was being done away with completely. I was just stating that lua should be still an option to make your faction npc's actions was more specific, and more configurable.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    For the record, I'd like to point out how underestimated the potential of in-game programming is. If done right, it could allow so many aspects of the game to be player made- Want better fleet battles? Go ahead and install that fleet control program on your ships' computers. Parking lots? Automate them. Want patrol drones keeping an eye on your territory? Make a bare-bones patrolling/reporting program. Worried bases will be attacked when you're offline? Make your central command computer respond to threats by sending a fleet through your warp gate network. This grand exchange everyone's exited about? I could easily write a Lua script to automate a trading station to do just that.

Granted, there are some issues with, effectively, giving everyone unlimited manpower, but it's not like the current state of complete dependence on actual players to do any- and everything is much better.

Last edited:
    Reactions: SkylordLuke