crash with no error code

Reaction score
    So please don't dismiss this as the infamous "100% loading crash" because i have had that and this is totally different. So i open the game through steam when it starts it goes to the screen with the news as it should but when i press start game........
    well nothing thats it the application terminates and nothing happens after that no error code no crash report nothing this isnt so much looking for a solution so much as it is advice on how to diagnose the problem if anybody has experienced something similar or needs any additional files or whatever just let me know
    log file link:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D7D721C609CC92BD!119&authkey=!AAKmPPqhg-ZC2E4&ithint=folder,txt

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    looked into the logs,
    I could not find anything unusual, except:
    the log.txt.1 and 2 state you had the installation in G:\steamapps
    while the last log shows its in Z:\steamapps
    did you by any chance move the installation of the steamapps?

However the logs do not show missing files, only the fact "window was closed" or "terminated by hitting cancel"

If yes, you may need to update the path in the launcher.
    Go to the "installation settings" in the first window, and make sure its pointing to the right path. (Either something with ./StarMade or a full absolute path starting with the correct drive letter.)

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Tester
    from the log file in that directory
    [2015-12-15 20:25:30] Exiting because of window closed
    [2015-12-15 20:25:30] WARNING: USING EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN HOOK
    [2015-12-15 20:25:30] WARNING: USING EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN HOOK: onShutDown

looks as if the java thing gots terminated while starting?

any security software runnig that may cause that?
    if the launcher works use repair option and forcedownload the game again maybe
    (make sure you do select the right version in the menu .. it defaults to an old one afaik)

Reaction score
    looked into the logs,
    I could not find anything unusual, except:
    the log.txt.1 and 2 state you had the installation in G:\steamapps
    while the last log shows its in Z:\steamapps
    did you by any chance move the installation of the steamapps?

However the logs do not show missing files, only the fact "window was closed" or "terminated by hitting cancel"

If yes, you may need to update the path in the launcher.
    Go to the "installation settings" in the first window, and make sure its pointing to the right path. (Either something with ./StarMade or a full absolute path starting with the correct drive letter.)

- Andy
    yeah i did move it my steam instillation is on a external hard drive so it was most probably on a diffrent computer i only recently changed the default drive letter to Z: because i have never met a computer that did not have that available but that shouldn't effect anything.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450293752,1450293597][/DOUBLEPOST]
    from the log file in that directory
    [2015-12-15 20:25:30] Exiting because of window closed
    [2015-12-15 20:25:30] WARNING: USING EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN HOOK
    [2015-12-15 20:25:30] WARNING: USING EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN HOOK: onShutDown

looks as if the java thing gots terminated while starting?

any security software runnig that may cause that?
    if the launcher works use repair option and forcedownload the game again maybe
    (make sure you do select the right version in the menu .. it defaults to an old one afaik)
    tried that already did nothing but slow down my internet for a half-hour or so i also have tried deleting ALL local files and re-downloading the launcher that didn't help either
    as for antivirus i will try that at the next available time as my (shared) computer is already in use

Reaction score
    ok so what i did was deleted all local files then changed the install location and that and it seems to be working fine now so thanks for the help everybody i really appreciate it