Community Fleet Contest Results!

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    does that mean Maranello's BI Asteroid Salvager also needs to be removed? I mean,its pretty much the same as you said?
    His ship isn't in the fleet submission where we HAD to have ORIGINAL content.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I note that the version of skylordluke is better than the original :)
    it s a really great builder ;)

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    does that mean Maranello's BI Asteroid Salvager also needs to be removed? I mean,its pretty much the same as you said?
    There's nothing wrong with uploading that sort of thing to the Dock, a lot of ships there are simply in-game replicas of existing work. Of course, you already know this :P

Reactions: Lecic

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    By that logic, alot of your ships, the infinity, the star destroyer, the deathstar, the higarian thing with no turrets etc etc etc would need removing.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    There's nothing wrong with uploading that sort of thing to the Dock, a lot of ships there are simply in-game replicas of existing work. Of course, you already know this :p
    yeah,I just realized he did not have his own fleet submission,that is what i meant by removing,my bad

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Maranello's BI Asteroid Salvager wasn't entered in a contest that required original work. Both ships are well done, but its better that your ship be removed from the contest, to prevent any issues that might arise. You're good builder, but this is a replica and goes against the strict rules of the contest.

EDIT: guess i was super ninja'd. thanks hotel internet...

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can't really complain about not making the cut, given the fantastic set of creations that did. Congrats and well done all!

Reaction score
    Hey all, I've decided I had enough time on my hands and I've been making fleet reviews of the winners for when the round of voting happens. I had noticed some comments mentioning that it would be cool to have some reviews made. If anyone would like me to make a review of a fleet that did not get selected, just shoot me a message and I'd be more than happy to! I'm trying really hard to show off the good qualities of each ship and to provide constructive criticism. I may, depending on time, start to review the flight capabilities of ships, but with on average 4 ships per fleet, those would be some long videos.

My new channel is here, and I'd also love to get feedback from some of you on my videos, as I have just begun to try my hand at youtube.
    Paullus

And congratulations to the winners again and best of luck to all contestants.
    That went really quick, didn't expect 11 reviews so fast.
    Good job so far, but i would recommend that you slow down your movements a little bit while filming (...it is noticeable when watching someone else do it)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That went really quick, didn't expect 11 reviews so fast.
    Good job so far, but i would recommend that you slow down your movements a little bit while filming (...it is noticeable when watching someone else do it)
    Thanks for the advice! I'm glad you like the reviews :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I like your reviews too, it's nice to get a look inside the ships. I'm interested to hear what you've got to say about mine, when you've gotten to H that is. :)

Reactions: Paullus
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    1) A relevant piece of wisdom for all concerned about the happenings of the past days: there is this miniature theory that I call the "avalanche protocol", that might come good in similar future cases - Just as no on-going avalanche was ever stopped by throwing sticks of dynamite at it, it's completely counterproductive to express our disappointment in the atmosphere of any situation. Contrary to a fire, the optimal reaction to an avalanche (eg. a thread that chooses short-term unfriendly fairness over a pleasant atmosphere, for the sake of long-term friendliness) is to let it settle on its own ;)

2) Being kinda-sorta the messenger to be blamed for the initial spark, I would like to try to change my reputation by proposing something: let's try praising all the specific beauty that emerged from this awesome contest!

My favorite is Tshara's AI fleet. I guess a radially symmetric shape for our ships is such an obviously working design, that we tend to forget this possibility. Those masterpiece AI machines look just like a group of space jellyfish! Which is very interesting, because of the contrast: jellyfish are as primitive and as organic as it gets, while artificial intelligence is an ultra-advanced electromechanical thing... Which raises fun questions like "Why did the AI choose to mimic sealife? Do they appreciate life? Do they, as machines, marvel at the solutions of Mother Nature?" etc.

It's always nice when a build provokes fantasy stories, I think... What are your's? :)

Last edited:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thanks for the advice! I'm glad you like the reviews :)
    Yeah, I like your reviews too! Was hoping somebody would do them.
    [doublepost=1468970430,1468970066][/doublepost]Oh yeah, Crimson-Artist has some great cameras that could help with the rapid movement issue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can't take camera ships into interiors, though. I'm not too bothered by the camera speed, I've gotten used to it while building.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Can't take camera ships into interiors, though. I'm not too bothered by the camera speed, I've gotten used to it while building.
    You can with the different methods used. The plex door is used to add mass to give a nice steady camera, while allowing for the most narrow form factor possible. Have a look at this.

Reactions: terra mining corp.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Also make sure you post them as comments on the community content page; it's great way to get views! I know I feature reviews of my ships pretty prominently.