Cockpit's

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would be nice to have cockpick's do the following:

• When placed at a different direction (other than default), effect the point of view while in use.
    • Be able to enter the ship via the cockpit instead of always searching for the core. (Faction only).
    • Active cockpit is the point of origin for docking beams, not the core (for the beam itself).

That's all I can think of :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can definitely agree with these points. I would be grateful if it were to be implemented

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I can do the 2nd and 3rd point. But wouldn\'t it be almost impossible to steer a ship when looking out on a side?

Reaction score
    That\'s not the point schema, it\'s for big battlecruisers: you can switch to the side-fire cockpits if you want to side fire, and when you fly, you switch back

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Having a side veiw cockpit can be for so many more things. Side-firing is definately one of them but, so is maneuvering. Say I need to snug up to something so close but not hit it, I may just want more than one veiwpoint, maybe I need a different angle on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about making two different types of cockpits:

• One that emulates the Core. This is what currently exists
    • One that emulates a Weapons Computer in which the camera faces in the direction of the set orientation and the mouse ONLY controls the weapons.

This would allow much greater freedom when playing with others (assuming Next/Previous cockpit buttons skip occupied cockpits).

May I also suggest a cheap seat block that locks the player down inside the ship since players can clip out of the ship when moving at high speeds without being seated.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Well i can make it so you can switch to your weapon computers from your core

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Kingo64:

Here\'s two suggestions

How about making two different types of cockpits:

• One that emulates the Core. This is what currently exists
    • One that emulates a Weapons Computer in which the camera faces in the direction of the set orientation and the mouse ONLY controls the weapons.

This would allow much greater freedom when playing with others (assuming Next/Previous cockpit buttons skip occupied cockpits).

May I also suggest a cheap seat block that locks the player down inside the ship since players can clip out of the ship when moving at high speeds without being seated.

I don\'t see the point of having the two blocks you suggest. The second one makes the first redundant since it is better in every way.

Why not simply changing the current cockpit so the camera faces the direction the block does? And what about the ability to rotate the camera a bit when holding down shift or alt or whatever, no 360° but maybe 30°.

Reaction score
    Having side facing cockpits serves 2 purposes in my opinion. Getting to those hard to see docking ports on a bigger ship, and a great view point for passengers if they want it =D. I know if the manticore had a downward facing cockpit it would be a thousand times easier to avoid accidental physics engine warps while getting it in place, mainly due to the fact the core has to be so far back in that build.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree, especially with the first and second points. The first point has more uses than just weapons fire, and can still help with navigation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I may be a tad late here, but i totally support this,
    ive wanted to build a harvester for a while now, that shoots the laser from the bottom (so it would look kinda like a normal space ship), but theres no way to fire the laser downwards without flipping the ship around, so i agree with these points!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Side Firing Cockpits would be awesome for large cruiser fights, it would mean that people can have realistic long range battles whilst circling each other. Also I would really appreciate for the third to be implemented, I have a ship that I can\'t dock because the docking beam doesnt go far enough to get to the front of the ship, and even if it were to I can\'t tell where it is.

Reaction score
    Just make a \'head turn\' toggle key for inside the cockpit. Turning would turn the view, but wouldn\'t control the ship. Limit the turn angle something reasonable. Front facing block, and front facing halves of the top, bottom, and sides of the block, perhaps. So that\'d be 45 degrees from front-center I guess. You\'d still have a blind spot behind you and towards the back, but you wouldn\'t need a handful of cockpits to essentially get the same views.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Something that would be great would be to link weapons computer to a cockpit rather than the core.

This would allow for more multiplayer options, broadside attacks, bomber bays, etc.

Also, linking cockpits to another cockpit, or maybe a new \"battle station/terminal\" block that can be entered, would mean you could cycle only in the available views.

A piloting terminals would have acces to cockpits on each facing but no weapons for great maneuvering/docking operations while you could have some weapons terminals linked to various cockpits each linking to different weapons. In the case of a forward looking cockpit, the advantage is letting a second player shoot at the right of the screen when the pilot turns to the left.

With those terminals, you would have a \"bridge\" of sorts, and wouldn\'t rely on the core being accessible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They would be something basic for a spaceship... side fireing is one of the main points of a large battle space ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    how do you actually change cockpit or use a different cockpit for f.ex. weapons core?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t know if the option to jump between core-computers has actually been made after all, but to change cockpits you use the arrow keys in Flight Mode.

Also, BUMP because please, cockpits which lets you see behind you.

Reaction score
    Being able to link a cockpit to we weapons computer would be amazing. Same with being able to switch from a coret to a weapons computer. The only problem with the second one is that a gunner could easily take control of a ship. Maybe you could keep the pilot marked as the pilot.

Another way to go about it would be to press a key and disable ship movement. Then you could switch to a cockpit and look around to shoot without turning the ship.

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/content/request-be-able-get-cockpit-instead-core-also-being-able-move-core-without-breaking-all