CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Really? silly? Is this a joke? I think it should be of utmost importance for the dev team to be specific if they want to be taken seriously going forward with their business. This is a company no? That intends to make money? It will help avoid any arguments and/or confusion that the team would have to deal with instead of judging all these AMAZING stations. I'd hate to have someone submit a station 1 hour too late because the dev team decided to arbitrarily close whenever they feel like it on the 12th.

"If you are working up to the last day, that is just silly" Why is this silly and posting a picture of Gene Wilder from Willy Wonka with stupid words over top of it not silly? Just saying... apologies Tom, I see you are just trying to make light of the situation but I just don't see why all this "squawking" over setting a firm deadline is considered silly.... to me it's just a good idea and not that hard to do either.
    lol :D

Reaction score
    You are splitting hairs and derailing this thread.
    No, you are doing that by being rude and posting pictures unrelated to the topic. If you had just ignored my asking, we wouldn't have this conversation.

It's supposed to be a contest about stations, not a debate about timezones and how you need "more information".
    Maybe you could explain to me why it is a big deal if I ask? As if it were a problem to just state that from the beginning. Everyone else making a contest is able to do that, too.

The postulation it is for legal reasons is weak at best. Please impress me.
    Have fun.
    Schine GmbH
    GmbH (Wikipedia)
    §4 UWG (Gesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb—Fair trade law)

"be specific about time" - you know your timezone. why the the devs need to tell you?

"this is a company no?" - that means they don't have to tell you anyhting in fact

"that intends to make money" - last i checked the game was free and Schema dev's for the love of it but i'd be happy if he did make something form all this work put in?

"it would help if....." - yes you caught on and this is derailing the thread! thanks for finally noticing why i am even saying anything. it's embarrassing for the community to see a tester getting antsy about a 12 hour discrepancy.

"if you are working up to the last day" - you probably should have started sooner

"why is this silly" - in a business environment the timezone issue in a non-issue. it does not come up and we all know what it - to imply nything else is merely condescending

"i see you are trying to make light of the situation" - indeed i am

"over a firm deadline" - we should really not be such sticklers if we like participating in contests. Giving them a hard time because you didn't receive a notice in triplicate with witnesses present accurate to the pentosecond - is NOT a big deal.

-

TLDR

-

The date the contest ends has been stated i'm sure when it happens you will all know about it, so relax.

For the record I love all you guys, but you need to chill ;D
    That entire post is so embarassingly funny. Seriously man, I don't even know where to start.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    No, you are doing that by being rude and posting pictures unrelated to the topic. If you had just ignored my asking, we wouldn't have this conversation.

Maybe you could explain to me why it is a big deal if I ask? As if it were a problem to just state that from the beginning. Everyone else making a contest is able to do that, too.

Have fun.
    Schine GmbH
    GmbH (Wikipedia)
    §4 UWG (Gesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb—Fair trade law)

That entire post is so embarassingly funny. Seriously man, I don't even know where to start.
    You're making just as much a deal out of it as anyone anyone you claim is. Really? Legal issues? Lets get this straight...

When calbiri was asked for an additional week for the contest, most of us could already look at the first post and simply add 3 weeks to the date that the post was started. Sure he didn't originally mention the end date (I don't think at least). But since he updated it, its been there. August 12th. He mentioned it at least twice in the thread. Is it really so hard to go to the first page, add the number of weeks up and look at your computer calendar? I did that. Took me not a minute. Yet you guys are sitting here complaining that you don't have the exact date and time given to you for your personal timezone. They do not need to do that because frankly you should be capable of making a smart assumption and just not taking the risk of being a few hours late for whatever reason to a deadline that was set a month in advanced. Lets be adults here please or at least pretend we are.

Look. The station us players have made should have been mostly finished this last week. They gave us the extra week so that we could clean them up. If you need every one of those last minutes to finish then chances are you have done unnecessary amounts of work.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    @ALL

Alright, alright, alright.

We're sorry that we didn't have the exact date of the contest's closing, I can assure you, that if someone posted a station thinking the contest was still on, we would have still gone over it. We just wanted to be flexible for everyone.

We're all humans here, not gods or special in any way. Please forgive us for not specifying an exact date. I've updated the post to inform everyone when the contest ends, I will update the exact timezone when I find out.

Now, can we get back to discussing the contest, entered stations and posting more awesome stations? :D

Reaction score
    Here is a small and easy one for pirates
    I think it is interesting, cause i rebuild it after a real NPC attack

http://starmadedock.net/content/pirate-station-small-contest.990/

I see all this realy greate Station, but... do i realy want to see them everywhere in the Universe?
    think of it, when you vote ... this Contest is about new DEFAULT Stations

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I see all this realy greate Station, but... do i realy want to see them everywhere in the Universe?
    Yes. NEW default stations, with NEW building techniques using the NEW blocks. The game has evolved and we need new stations suitably advanced.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We reallllyyy need to stop making a big deal out of this. + or - 12 hours isn't the end of the world and if it is, get it done faster.

There are things that companies take seriously, like safety, inventory, finances, training. Then there are things that they don't take seriously: like the people who accidentally brought extra plates of egg salad to the picnic because they were an hour late.

No one is going to lose their job over who came late to the company picnic.

This contest is the egg salad. Filled with tasty stations. And we're going to eat that egg salad anyway regardless of when it got there because its still egg salad.

Now... bring me some more egg salad!
    Is this really the contest thread for default stations?

Or did you hack my browser to show me boring stuff when I click good-looking thread titles?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Here is a small and easy one for pirates
    I think it is interesting, cause i rebuild it after a real NPC attack

http://starmadedock.net/content/pirate-station-small-contest.990/

Is nice, but needs more work in the details

Is this really the contest thread for default stations?

Or did you hack my browser to show me boring stuff when I click good-looking thread titles?
    Please, don't give them more reason to continue the discussion, lets talk about those stations!

I see many trading guild, pirates, but the abandoned stations are really a small number compared to the others submissions, or i am not really counting then right?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    "if you are working up to the last day" - you probably should have started sooner"
    Tom, I am not taking sides here but some people don't have a choice to start early. My game is broken, I have redownloaded three times, still doesn't work, nobody seems to be any help and I have lost all progress on every project because my stupid passport (storage device) broke. so by the time I have extracted the data from the passport (which will take an extremely long time, as there is a glitch in the code) and got my game working, I wont have that much time to finish it so I might have to finish it incredibly close to the deadline.
    As I said not trying to take sides just making a point,
    and if anyone wants to help my problem then here is the link to the report
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/new-patch.2188/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I present to you. A Pirate Station Entry.

By, Skylord Luke, Myself, and Raiben.
    Still a WIP, but I couldn't resist! Hope you guys like it!

There is a LOT to explore here; and the asteroid is full of caves filled with lore-free meta!​
    Schine team, can we just say that Dalmont Skylord and Raiben are banned from this competition cause thair stations are SO FRIKKIN GOOD NOBODY ELSE STANDS A FRIKKIN CHANCE,
    THROW ME A FRIKKIN BONE HERE

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Schine team, can we just say that Dalmont Skylord and Raiben are banned from this competition cause thair stations are SO FRIKKIN GOOD NOBODY ELSE STANDS A FRIKKIN CHANCE,
    THROW ME A FRIKKIN BONE HERE
    If I look back at the station entries, there was one particular one that came out of the blue one of the devs were VERY interested in. Needless to say, I am very interested in what exact features they want in a station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    If I look back at the station entries, there was one particular one that came out of the blue one of the devs were VERY interested in. Needless to say, I am very interested in what exact features they want in a station.
    aanndd what does that have to do with my post exactly?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    another question. Would it be alright to include a build block in our stations? figured I might make access to a build block as a reward for going through the gauntlet that is my entry since my original objective based adventure isn't looking very doable.

if not then how do you save/import sectors?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    another question. Would it be alright to include a build block in our stations? figured I might make access to a build block as a reward for going through the gauntlet that is my entry since my original objective based adventure isn't looking very doable.

if not then how do you save/import sectors?
    You can save the station alone by targeting it and using /save (name). You can then find it in your blueprints and even re /load it into another location. Saving the entire sector is unnecessary but the command is /export_sector x y z (name)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    You can save the station alone by targeting it and using /save (name). You can then find it in your blueprints and even re /load it into another location. Saving the entire sector is unnecessary but the command is /export_sector x y z (name)
    thanks. was trying to wrap my head around saving the station without being in the build block but that solves that problem. still might include a build block somewhere in it so players still have an incentive to explore the interior

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Yo !
    I think i will not be able to end my station but whatever, its fun to build things so here a lil update of my station :

ive only made the structure so far need to put more detail in exterior and the...[---Interior---]... turret can't aim ships so pirates fu*** me up a little had to disable them -.- .

Reaction score
    Yo !
    I think i will not be able to end my station but whatever, its fun to build things so here a lil update of my station :

ive only made the structure so far need to put more detail in exterior and the...[---Interior---]... turret can't aim ships so pirates fu*** me up a little had to disable them -.- .
    I like it. Has a little 40k feel to it ;)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Yo !

Can anyone say space cathedral? Post it before the deadline anyway that station is great!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So i figure, that as i don't know how to use smedit, and i don't have time before this competition ends to swap it all out for regular hull, i'll just enter it as it is. The devs can allways tell me to do it afterwards (before it goes in game) and then i'll get on it then.

Edit: Ok so here's my entry for an abandoned/neutral station:

I don't know if its a good thing or not, but i really like how its silhouette looks from a distance...

Download!
    If this makes it, I'm probably going to claim one as my homebase... If it doesn't I'll download the blueprint and use it in singleplayer because it just looks freaking amazing. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.