CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Id like to have all 3 lifters activated at the same time when someone steps in but nothing works no matter from where in the wiring i connect the lifters.
    I think I see what you are trying to do. You don't need three lifters. The shape of the lift platform is based on the geometry of the entire cluster of lift blocks. Rather than trying to coordinate three lifters, use one lifter. But don't use a straight column of lift blocks. Give your lifter a foundation of lift blocks in the floor extending under or outlining where you want your passengers to stand.

If you need an example, download my station and deconstruct my lifters. http://starmadedock.net/content/trade-guild-station.888/
    More on lifters: http://gaeasson-shipwright.blogspot.com/2014/07/logical-lifts.html

Enjoy, and happy lifting.

Reaction score
    I like this one BraveSteelDragon but it needs more mass to it- it's size makes it more like a outpost rather than a station

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like this one BraveSteelDragon but it needs more mass to it- it's size makes it more like a outpost rather than a station
    I think there is room for outposts in the game. I imagine mom and pop trade guild franchise stations, where you stop in for a soda , a handfull of grey wedges and a couple new AMC blocks to replace what the pirates shot up. If you need a new AMC computer or overdrive blocks you'll need to head into one of the larger trade stations in toward the galactic hub.

Reactions: Blodge
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    To anyone intrested, first (and prolly last) update to my space station/shipyard:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/contest-space-station.948/updates

You'll find everything what you'll want to know there.

Old post in spoiler below.
    Hello everyone.
    It's my first time to post anything that I've made, so please don't criticize much : S
    I do also realize it prolly won't go nowhere but, meh. It's all about fun... Or is it?

Here goes pictures!

A tiny bit about station. Totally optional and "lore friendly". Call it whatever you like.
    Station was intended to look a bit like "humanish", a bit futuristic/militaristic.
    Basically, it is a medium sized (380m length) shipyard.

Station was abandoned a very long time ago due to the reactor malfunction in block 1. Better to not turn it on before checking.
    There is also power control room. You can turn on/of reactors, emergency power and EVERY light on station. To power stuff you need to turn on at least one generator, duh.

Also... There is hidden room. There is NO VALUABLES there, but hey! IT'S HIDDEN!
    Link to the station:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/contest-space-station.948/

Important note - station was created by me and my friend Darth Vader.
    And again... Thanks everyone for such warm words. It makes you feel that all this effort was really worth it.

Reaction score

Now for the hard part: Making living areas and decorations inside this donut...i will have no symmetry available for that... NO SYMMETRY?!? Unheard of! Woe is me...

also im sure im not the first one to think of using displays as status displays right?

also my eyes hurt from that bloom glare from all that white stuff...

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Another update!

the outer hull is nearly complete. at its current length its 500+m long and more than 200+m wide. After the exterior is done then I'll work on the interior. then after that logic, and finally trying to make it ghost shippy (damage, decompressed rooms, over grown flora,) you know spoopy stuff

Reaction score
    I think there is room for outposts in the game. I imagine mom and pop trade guild franchise stations, where you stop in for a soda , a handfull of grey wedges and a couple new AMC blocks to replace what the pirates shot up. If you need a new AMC computer or overdrive blocks you'll need to head into one of the larger trade stations in toward the galactic hub.
    I agree, but I thought this was about replacing a station, not making an outpost for it

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Are the new circuit blocks considered valuable and rare? Or are we allowed to use them cause they are sweet looking.

Reaction score
    Heres a little update Of my station ,i didn't have much time this week to build :(

I want to be a better builder so please, feel free to comment! :)
    Your build style is different, I like it, if it's intentional :p- the whole style is hard to explain without this:

If that's the idea, doing well, if not, the top and bottom need more thinning

Reaction score
    I know how to upload the blueprint, i just dont know how to save the actual station blueprint in the game? What am i missing?
    Either select the stations entity or go into its build mode and enter the command /save. That save folder will be located in starmade\blueprints.
    Then you go in blueprints manager (starmade starter under tools menu), select your station and press export. The .sment file you need to upload to is in starmade\blueprints\exported.

Hope this helps!

Happy building

Reaction score
    Are the new circuit blocks considered valuable and rare? Or are we allowed to use them cause they are sweet looking.
    The new circuit blocks are progressively more expensive as you move up in their tier's (1 to 3) use your best judgement, but spamming the active circuits is not a good idea.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The new circuit blocks are progressively more expensive as you move up in their tier's (1 to 3) use your best judgement, but spamming the active circuits is not a good idea.
    what do you mean with tiers Calbiri?

Edit:
    Their is no level 3 - just level 2a and 2b :)
    Was too cluttered up. What is this particle press? :p

Maybe it is cheaper to have a charged circuit than light and deco computers, I have to test it...

Reaction score
    what do you mean with tiers Calbiri?
    There are 3 stages of crafting for each circuit color, first, you imbue a crystal circuit with a color, and get a (CrystalName) Imbued Circuit, next you craft that into a (CrystalName) Storage Node, then finally you can take those and further craft them into Active (CrystalName) Processor. These final processors are fairly more exspensive to make compared to the basic imbued circuits, particularly when compared to a simple plexlight (in regards to using them for lighting)

Status
    Not open for further replies.